Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Which is why the character in the show is retarded. Book Stannis wouldn't do this, the character they setup in show till last episode wouldn't do this. I think his Army would do it. But that's the difference between the book and the show.

In the book not only is Stannis' Army super faithful to R'Hllor but they've been out in the cold freezing and starving for months. The show show's neither of these things. So when Melisandre comes and says "Hey if we kill this child, we will be victorious in this battle and everyone will live" I can definitely see the devout army being like "Hey Stannis, **** your daughter, she's gonna burn".

The other thing is Melisandre in the book is not one dimensional like she is in the show. She's a person with real feelings and not a chick who just takes her clothes off constantly. Anyway, during this time she's seeing conflicting visions about whether Stannis is even the person she's supposed to be following. Despite that her faith to R'Hllor is devout, she truly thinks that sacrificing will bring victory and she brings it up multiple times. They haven't gotten around to doing it yet in the book.

But yeah Stannis in the show, him doing that, is not believable -- it's like completely out of place and it's lazy writing. They could have easily done it differently, especially because the entire front half of this season was garbage and nothing was happening. They could have shown his troops suffering/revolting and stuff like that to build suspense. Instead of running it all out in one episode.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Obviously the production costs for this show are huge...but the profits should be huge as well. I think they need to stretch the show to 14 maybe 16 episodes a season. While I haven't read the books everyone that has says they're leaving a lot out. It's not like they don't have enough material to add more episodes and it's not like the show doesn't have enough demand from fans. I will admit that a part of me(ok 100%) wants this for selfish reasons..lol

3. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Id like more episodes aswell!

But having more episodes would greatly increase production costs, so its very unlikely to happen.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    The show also greatly compresses a lot of stuff that is rather spun out in the books, for example the bit after Tywin's death the books take a good chapter and a bit focusing on Jamie's standing guard over the body, Cersei's reaction, her sons reaction, the funeral and a whole host of other things, the TV show though breezed through the entire thing in a few minutes and it didn't really loose anything for it. Well maybe Jamie's growing hatred for Cersei but the show seems to be skipping that as well... or at least isn't focusing on it to the same degree.

5. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Game of thrones! Game of thrones! Game of thrones! Game of thrones!!!!!111

Im totally hyped for the last episode of this season - i really hope they make it a double lenght episode :D

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Once again, lack of the red womans perspective kills the entire point of John.. meh. Maybe if they didn't show CGI'd tits for 20 minutes.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Bit of a letdown season.

The first seven episodes were mostly filler, when they could have SO expanded the plot lines and characters in a much better way. This episode felt insanely rushed in every way possible, with all the million "plot twists" having little emotional effect due to them coming one after the other...

8. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Agree, the episode was way too rushed... should have been a double lenght episode.

9. mackie08

mackie08 New Member

GPU:
    4.00 GB
    After this season, we will all have to wait endlessly for a year for the next season. All focused now for the last episode. :banana:

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Well, while I dislike the first half of the season, from episode 7 on the show delivered. Episode 8 remains at the very top for several reasons, but mainly because it actually brought something completely new even for book readers. The finale was good, not great, but then again I was 99.99% sure what would happen (and it did) so maybe the wow factor for others brought it up a notch. :D

Aaand some speculation in the spoiler tag...

It's pretty safe to say Jon Snow will be back in one way or another, whether that is trough Ghost as he is after all a Warg or trough some ressurection by R'hllor trough Melisandre remains to be seen.

Cersei and Jaime will start some sort of war in the south.

Arya... well, everything is possible there lol.

Stannis will still make it out somehow, he will likely run into Sansa together with Brienne, no clue how all will turn out though.

Daenerys will keep growing her dragons and consolidate her power while having her biggest asset around that is of course Tyrion! :)

And while everyone will go on with their schemes, the oldest, wisest, deadliest and definitely most ignored mastermind will at some point begin his march.... winter is coming, and the dead come with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    so yeah the show killed itself to me

worst episode ever

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Nooooo. :(

13. heslo

heslo Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX970
    Agreed, this season was pretty meh... not sure how to feel about it all to be honest. Hopefully next season lifts its game again

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    I highly doubt Stannis made it out, i'm pretty sure his out of the picture.

I do believe you're right about Jon Snow, it would be stupid to remove him from the show.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Personally I thought the season finale was one of the better ones.
    Anyone who didn't see Jon Snow getting killed must have been blind. I have a feeling that Melisandre (the red head women) might be able to give Jon Snow his life back, at a cost of course.

16. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I'm pretty sure he'll be back, she was backing the wrong horse and I think she started to realise it the moment she met Jon Snow.

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And because of Melissandre stannis lost his family... rofl, nice one... Always trust your heart not some vision some other person has put into your mind.

And .. yeah... Jon Snow, ****ING BASTARDS!!! He's got the most courage and wisdom out of them all.. ****ing idiots, but as the others say.. I'm sure Melissandre will bring her back, I hope so anyways? ...

GOT is not without JS.

Also lol Daenarys meeting those wildmen in the mountains?

And the big kingsguard lol... wtf... must've been the guy that killed Oberyn, but didn't he die in the books? .. o,O

18. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Think of him more like a Frakenstein's monster.

19. Bleib

Bleib Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Too much happened in a short period of time.

Dramatic build-ups and *cut* repeated over and over again.

But with that said.... A man needs season 6

20. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    The way he made aeya pay for not following his orders :((((