Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Mugsy

Mugsy Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    In my humble opinion, i disagree, i liked every episode. Maybe i just like it that much :D

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    saw the 6 th episode.
    i must say i slowly start to dislike the show.
    maybe it just me,but i see they took a path away from the books and they try so clumsy to fix things up.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    7th episode, finally starting to spin cogs (and 7 too). I do not see them slowing down till end of season.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yep, it was a good one. I'm also pretty sure what the wtf moment (for the ones that didn't read the books) will be in the finale looking at how things are going. Too soon if you ask me...

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That was an epic episode.

6. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    The best episode thus far but wow there are only 2 left. hope these last 2 are good ...

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I hope for 90minutes season finale to make for boring 1st part.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    OK, never mind the slow season, the second half of episode 8 made up for it. Damn epic on sooo many levels, I was waiting for this clash for a long time! :banana:

9. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I just knew you people would looooove the this episode, but for all the wrong reasons... fighting!!! wohooo!!!

Dear god...

What i liked best about this episode, was when tyrion met daenerys - ive been looking forward to how that was going to play out, and its looking promising.

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    These last two episodes have been epic on the many levels described above.But Cersei! Lol, I have a feeling she's gonna get her retribution even though she deserved what she got.Show is too cold hearted for her to stay down, lol, love her even when she looks dirty as shyte! lol!!

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    Each to their own, don't be such a snob. I liked this episode for your reason stated as well as the other users reason.

Dear god indeed.

12. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    True, each to their own... but this is not an action series, so if people just want fighting and action, then why Watch it?

Regarding cersai, i certaintly dont hope that she gets out of the mess she created for herself - she deserves every Little piece of missery that comes her way.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Nothing wrong about my reason, the Army of the Dead will play a MAJOR role in the development of the entire story both in novels and tv show. So of course I am excited to finally see it in action.

As for Tyrion, he is easily on my favorite character in the show and in my opinion Peter Dinklage is the most gifted actor from the cast as well. So yeah, I do like every minute of his screentime, but in this specific episode I found the second part to be better.

After all both parts go hand in hand, since the endgame will most likely be the Army of the Dead vs Daenerys Army and her dragons. ;)

As for Gods, I don't care for them much when the Night's King is arround. :rolleyes:

14. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Well now you can see why the previous episodes were so boring. They were made that way to set up these final 3!!!!

15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    That look on Jon's face when the whitewalker king raises the dead.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Or the look on the White Walker when Jon's Valyrian steel blade wouldn't shatter and he went poof 2 seconds later. :D

But yea, there were several "looks" when **** hit the fan. Tormund and Jon were like, yeah, free folk are stubborn, they are hard to convince etc. and then 2 minutes later they were swimming for the ships. :)

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Does your spoilers contain spoilers of events to come? Cause i dont feel like clicking the spoilers, should they do so :p

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    In the last post no, in the previous it's more of speculation of events to come, since what happened in the last episode, didn't in the books yet, or at least not entirely and/or not in this form. :)

19. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    From my understanding, the series is taking a completely different turn from the books on several accounts... regardless, i think ill skip out on reading the spoilers then :p

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    As G.R.R Martin put it, both books and tv show will take different paths to reach the same ending. Time will tell though how it will turn out.