Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Daenarys... she has the most spirit to be rightful and just, Tyrion too.. he doesn't seem as sincere maybe but he also has a good heart and is quite rightful?

I like Jon too though, don't know though if he has a right to the throne, to the North, albeit, he does. I think he would be a pretty good warden of the north.

Not sure if I like Stannis very much but I did like how he treated his daughter, means he has a heart, those that have a heart like that are usually good rulers.

The rest... nah, Tommen is just a kid. Just a gimmick sitting on the throne. Maybe he'll be a good king but he might be too gullible.. (explained by his age maybe.. you might say) .. but otherwise, with Cersei being his mother he might get corrupted.. or something like that.

Jamie is pretty good too, his heart is in the right place. It was only Cersei who set his sight on vengeance. Now his bound on killing his brother lol.. which I hope doesn't happen (or anything like the sort).

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Lyanna Stark for sure did not, but Rhaegar Targaryen...

One should note across books that Eddard never call Jon as his son while he addresses him as "My Blood".
    I can't imagine him going to war, and as 1st thing to drop his honor code (highest around all houses in 7 kingdoms), have child with maid somewhere, then picking him up on way back while he would actually not know if it's his or not.
    I think he kept Jon true ancestry secret through his dieing day. And for same reason he never spoke to Jon about his mother (he did not want to lie). And never spoke about his sister, so he would not unintentionally leave clues towards Jon.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  3. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    R+L=J

However, I would love for Tyrion to rule..

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Daenarys and Tyrion to temper things a bit more as an adviser tbh (while righteous, Daenarys is often to black/white in her thinking, whereas Tyrion would shine to fill in the gaps, the gray areas).

5. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Daenarys probably has the right to the throne most of all...but I'd prefer Stannis although the red witch creeps me out. I've seen the first 4 episodes and while the season started off slow...it's going good now can't wait for episode 5.

6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    me, obviously

7. Mugsy

Mugsy Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Finally we get to see jaqen h'ghar again :banana:

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    During a haircut yesterday the conversation got around to GoT as it does. My hairdresser who has read all the books told me something about Jon that kinda blew me away as far as the story goes:

Is it true Daenarys is Jon's half sister?

9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    i am surprised to see nothing about Bran and his whereabouts.
    Nothing new on King's Landing,Tommen marring Margaery Tyrell was predictible,almost everything moves as a aftermath of last serie's ending .
    Jon Snow named as Black Castle new boss was nice but predictible .
    I expected more dramatic turning point,plot twists...
    However,seeing Sansa in Bolton's lair gave me some chills..
    My favourite line is Arya's apprenticeship with Faceless Men

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol I had totally forgotten about bran wtf, whatever happened to him? o,O .. totally forgot about it lol.

Arya is becoming a faceless man w00t, whatever were they doing to the body that they were cleaning, are they eating them lol? o,O .. to gain some powers

11. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Bran and Hodor aren't in this season, they announced it like 6 months ago, their storyline got too far ahead compared to everyone else so they're on a break for a season.

Based on just the TV Show I reckon Cersei is Jon's mother. There's a few things that point to it, the main one being that Cersei had a baby with beautiful black hair, but he got sick and they took him away and she never saw him again (implying he died), but did he die or is it co-incidence that Ned then comes back from Kings Landing with a baby with a head of black hair, would also explain why it was such a defensive subject, if it was just a bar maid why was it such a secret, however a Lannister, a secret worth keeping. There are a few other clues scattered about as well, but can't recall off the top of my head.

12. ayakaza

ayakaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 AORUS
    I think gendry is coming back for the throne.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Very likely YES (it's not confirmed in books, but all available information points that way). And you are lucky she did not drop on you real A-Bomb about Jon's fate which is now very uncertain (till next book gets out).

14. Mugsy

Mugsy Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Dude...spoiler alert...not all of us watched the leaked episodes...

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Nah don't buy that one in the slightest, but looking in to this and rereading some stuff I can see why folk have been suggesting Jon snow as legit ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, interesting theory that one ;)

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Cersei being Jon's mother?
    C'mon, i am not convinced.

17. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I've been looking forward to this season just to see Cersei get whats coming to her, but I'm really enjoying Arya's storyline with the faceless men, can't wait for the next book, i'm still routing for the Starks and I think once the tables turn everyone better watch out, it's gonna be epic.

18. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    prediction,not spolier

the men in Faceless Men's keep are given a cup of water,they drank it,die,then reborn in the name of their god -- thus becoming no one.
    i say this because there was something like that in last seasons,in the Brotherhood Without Banners group,Thoros bringing back from the dead Beric Dondarrion.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That sounds like the iron island drowned men. A priest drowns a man then resesitates them to be born again. "What is dead may never die."

20. Mugsy

Mugsy Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Apologies are at hand then :) It's just that i hate spoilers and i thought it was something from the leaked episodes. My bad!

Back to topic, finally that coward got his head chopped off, couldn't stand him.