Galaxy S22 Ultra

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by TaskMaster, Mar 23, 2022.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Hello Gurus,

I just got my S22 Ultra on Saturday coming from the S20 Ultra.

Loooooooove this phone! The screen is amazing as well as the adaptive hz.

Anyone else got/getting one?

XenthorX and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Wanted to get one, but I wasn't impressed at all, specially by the awful standby time and battery life.
    There is no real alternative to Huawei phones...
    What version did you get? Exynos or SD?

3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    SD

pjmilo and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  4. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    yes battery drop down from s21u that have aful also especicaly outside when screen goes to maximum nits
    what huawei you have?
    im curectly with 13 pro max bought for the battery and cant find any android that match for battery life

pjmilo likes this.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Huawei Mate 40 Pro.
    It's the best phone i can't recommend due to lack of GMS, the camera is top-notch as well as battery and performance.

pjmilo likes this.
  6. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I have the S22 Ultra also. Beautiful device. It would be perfect with a Headphone Jack, Quad Dac and Memory Card Slot.

Nonetheless I'm very happy with my purchase. I have a SnapDragon.

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Unsurprisingly, the people who got the snapdragon version is happy with the phone.

I hope samsung gets taken to court with the crap they are pulling - selling the allegedly same phone, but one market gets a decidedly worse product.

8. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    i had mate 20 pro but now after iphone 13pm i dont think and what about honor not same? i know cameras worse
    friend recomend me mate 20X

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I have the Mate 20 X 4G, and so far no phone comes close to it in battery life, even iphone 13 pro max.
    Even with battery wear out i get at least 9hr sot, the best was 12-13h.

But while the cameras are great on the Mate 20 X, they are far behind the Mate 40 X as well as performance.

Maybe the Xiaomi 12 Ultra will be worthy replace.

10. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    The whole Snapdragon and Exynos thing is actually pretty complicated. Samsung kinda has no choice but to use Qualcomm stuff, while also benefiting from that.... worth a google to read about the insanity of it all.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Which why i always avoid Samsung phones, they are really overpriced and overrated.

Trunks0 likes this.
  12. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    Your not wrong. They have kinda built themselves into an awkward position. Personally I'm fine with them so long as you can get one at a hefty discount to bring it more inline. The MSRP is craptastic BS.

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    They should simply drop that shitty exynos chip, and offer the snapdragon version worldwide - at least for the S lineup... the parts of the world getting the exynos chip (europe) is getting seriously ripped off...

14. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I-Phone 13 Pro Max battery life is absolutely amazing. The phone runs extremely smooth as usual. I upgraded both of my phones due to a fantastic deal with T-Mobile. I received a $800 credit for my S10 Plus 256gb and $800 for my Note 10 Plus 256gb with T-Mobile. I also received a extra credit towards my bill which was awesome. That's how I ended up with both units. Amazing phones and I'll have these for awhile.

The I-Phone's speakers are excellent. I was hardly ever the type of guy that would listen to music through phone speakers but Apple did a fine job with the 13 Pro Max. Camera and video quality of the Pro Max is top notch. The S22 Ultra is so versatile and the screen brightness next level. The night mode pictures that are advertised are definitely clear with little noise. The screen display is gorgeous. Speakers are good and even give you a little Atmos effect but they do not have the depth of the I-Phone speakers.

The one clear thing I ALWAYS loved about Android is the fact that I can plug it to practically any PC. There are no issues with accessing content due to easy compatibility. I-Phones can be a pain sometimes due to the OS of course. When it comes to multitasking and being entertained while working on projects, the S22 Ultra clearly wins due to the OS and software even though the I-Phone has a much stronger processor.

Pods Vs Buds? No Contest. The sound quality of my Pods crush my Buds. In regards to the cameras, I go back and forth. It sometimes depend on what I'm taking a picture of and time of day.

15. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    The phone is amazing. I had a video call with my Uncle while watching the famous slap on Youtube, texting my girl, inputting on an excel spreadsheet with Spotify also playing on the phone. The fact that I can hear and see him, hear and see the Youtube video and listen to the music from Spotify through the speakers at the same time truly impressed me. Again, this also while texting and inputting into MS Excel.

The level of multitasking features is astounding. The S22 Ultra didn't break a sweat. The video call, Youtube vid, text chat and Excel sheet were all split into their own sections simultaneously.

Impressive. Most impressive.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    hello as you have both phones how much iphone holds battery compare to samsung because i so 4-5 sot on samsung :D i dont want run with power bank as it was before with iphones 10

17. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hi @yosef019. My apologies for the late reply. The I-Phone 13 Pro Max battery last longer than the S22 Ultra. I can use my I-phone heavily for 2-3 days. The S22 about a day and a half of heavy usage. The I-Phone operates smoother and feels more luxurious. It is also kinda heavy for a cellphone but I like that. I have very big hands.

I can multitask better on the Samsung. Android has always been better for versatility and compatibility. The screens on both units are extremely nice. I like the Samsung better for viewing media because it's more symmetrical. The speakers are far better on the Iphone and they're more immersive. They sound great.

18. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    For anyone seeking cheap but high end phone, I recommend Red Magic 7, it has 165Hz, SD8G1, even has an internal FAN xd

Half the price of S22 Ultra tbh, and has better performance/quality.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That's a gaming phone, not a highend phone.

20. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    It's like saying "hmm, you have Ryzen 9 5950X, that's a gaming CPU, not good for work"

??????? If you really want a gaming phone, check the Lenovo Legion Y90, now that's something that I would call Gamer Exclusive....