Galaxy note users : is the size really spot on?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by stone-eye, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    First I agree with the HTC One X shouts

I realise people have varying sizes of hand but if it was me I wouldn't even take my Note out of the house, must look amusing someone holding a tablet to their face to talk ^^. I went from 3.7" to 4.3" and it was just too big and clumsy for how I use it (always on foot, pulling out of my pocket every 2 minutes for music/reply/the time), downgraded to another 3.7" phone and love it. Won't touch a 4"+ again.

*IMO* 3.7 is already massive compared to the old phones we all used for years before all these touch smartphones appeared, and what is all that room needed for on a phone? It's too small for movies, can't seriously game on it, fair enough its decent for web browsing but I never do that unless I'm on the PC. I don't need a giant screen to write texts or listen to moosic.

This is probably going to be my next phone, 3.7" of sexiness, friend got one through working at HTC :(
    [​IMG]

2. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    I upgraded from the iPhone 4S to a Galaxy Note. Loved it...but DID have a few issues with it.

1) Pentile screen - Some say this doesn't matter but those people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the iPad 2 and iPad 3 screen (which was a huge difference) It just looks kind of pixelated, not perfect unvisible pixels like the iPhone 4S I just came from. I NOW have a HTC One X with 4.8 inch screen...same resolution as Galaxy note...but no pentile screen. Web browsing and pretty much everything else looks much better on my HTC One X, but maybe it's just me.

2) Battery life- The real kicker for me! Couldn't get over 3 hours of on screen time which was the main reason I returned it. Standby life / Call time battery life was amazing...but that huge amoled screen being on sucks down the battery!

3. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    After playing with mine for a couple days and installing cm9 on it - no, it's a good size. Great for browsing and email. Can utilize 1 handed for phone operations and it fits in normal pockets easily.

Only difference for me has been lack of keyboard and getting used to using o. screen typing. Coming from a n900 bit of a change bit the screen keyboard on this screen accommodates my big hands but I have a little getting used to it first.

Liking cm9 non cluttered os compared to Samsung Gingerbread that came default. On the whole very happy. Took a while to root and jump to cm9 but wanted to ensure I was doing it right.

4. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    For Note users try installing Paranoid Rom. A combination of Phone and Tablet settings for your Note which is ideal for the Galaxy Note.

I migrated across directly from CM9 with no issues (doing wipes from safe mode when installing the Rom). Works a treat. The Note size - it is spot on for my usage. Email, Web Browsing and note taking with stylus. Can use it single handed for phone requirements but I do have large hands LOL.

5. waterbeds

waterbeds New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 550Ti
    I loved the size of the note, it was perfect. I will be retiring it to an OEM Note Car mount i have on my nightstand, its my "tablet" now and will be replaced with the likes of the GSIII