Galaxy note 7 to be Launched August 2nd 2016

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    i upgraded from the Galaxy Note 3 to the Galaxy S7 Edge, it is a fantastic device.

that being said, i only got it because the latest generation of the note was not even announced and i was itching to get a new device. If there was even a release date for the Note 7 announced 2 - 3 months ago, i would have waited for it.

I got the edge version for the larger screen and battery capacity, i actually don't like the curved screen - i have a hard time with the keyboard wrapping around the curve and making texting more difficult than it should be.

2. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    Samsung's device after sale support pretty sucks. After 2 years they drop the software support so only Custom Rom is the way to go. My Note 2 Support was dropped from 4.4.4 and my Table is stuck on a slow 5.0.1.
    Everything was fine until Samsung started looking down the Bootloader :puke2:

3. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Thank you very much but hell no.
    1+3
    is the answer :)

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Be happy, android 6 doesn't offer anything more (saw the transition from 4.4.2 to 5 and to 6 on my Nexus), if anything your battery will last longer (the usual complaint from anybody upgrading to a higher android version :D)

Just make sure you buy via a seller near your place, don't import from China directly. Co-worker of mine did it, now she doesn't want to send her crippled phone back (finger print sensor broken) because she has to deal with toll and border agencies again, and probably wait 8 to 12 weeks for it to return.

5. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Don't really understand why she did that. Was between the first 20k people who got 1+1 and got it from UK while living in ireland and have no problem. Also I bought another 5 1+ phones since then (had many invitations) and there really is no problem ordering them.Just need to select proper country once you order. Had the 1+3 in my hands yesterday and it's a beauty. Even the lovely coarse dark back cover fits it great and gives the 1+1 feeling. Camera on that thing is amazing.Only thing that phone is missing is an sd reader but with 64gb mem not many people will complain about it. They really are good phones. Great build quality,ROM and even support.And this comes from a guy who fixed over 50k phones in last 10 years (L3 technician)

6. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I hate that it has the edge on it, I've only ever heard that it causes you to accidentally press things when holding the edge of the phone and it looks terrible with it.

I was waiting for this phone for a long time when it was going to be called the Note 6 but I don't want an edged phone, I'll stick with my Note 3 for a few more years and hopefully the next one won't have the edge.