Gainward GTX 560ti driver and Bios

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by knopper, Nov 5, 2016.

1. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560
    hello folks,

just got a GTX 560 ti from a friend for an older sys (Core2Quad, S775), and before i want to assemble it, just wanted to ask 2 questions.
    On some other forums i red that the newer Nvidia drivers are not very good for these card (Geforce 500 series).
    Especially here is a long diskussion about it.
    Driver Version 314.22 is very often recommend, on other boards too.

But these drivers are dated 2013.03.25, so now over 3 years old.

Is there any recommendation for newer drivers, for this card? Sill anyone here uses a GTX560 ti, or maybe GTX570?

Other question is i wanted to update the Bios, because im always a friend of latest firmwares.... bugs resolved etc...

So here i see 4 bioses for my Card (Gainward GTX 560 ti Phantom, 2G).
    The newest is dated 2011-11-25, with version 70.24.2E.00.00. The older ones have version 70.24.11.00.00.
    So is this one the latest.

I know what some think about VGA-bios flashing... "never change a running system", and so on.
    But nowadays it has become very easy (nvflash),. so there should be a very low risk of bricking, and i only want to have the latest one.

So what do you think?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    I don't see why you couldn't use the latest drivers. If you run into issues then try older versions for troubleshooting.
    Also flash the bios I'd say, if you like. Newer is always newer.

3. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I use the latest one. You should try it too.

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I'd say install the older driver first, benchmark it, run a few games with vsync off and Afterburner/RTSS running, see what your FPS is.

Then, uninstall the driver, install the latest one, do the above again. If it turns out to be slower, uninstall the new driver, install the older one again.

5. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560
    ok, tx for your answers...but suddenly the card was defect.... black screen, no boot.
    got a fresh GTX960 now -> new Thread :):)