Gadhafi has been captured or killed

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Palerider, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    It's unfair for all this US talk. It illustrates your contempt for us by trying to revise history, less than 24 hours after it's been made.

This is a Libyan revolution. It was supported by NATO. Not an attack on Libya by America. This is a joint effort, and it was Libyan rebels who murdered him.

Again- He was captured alive, and in the custody of rebels. He was killed by a gunshot wound to the head. I'm happy for the Libyan people and I hope the region gains stability, but I do not condone Gadhafi's murder without a trial. Had he been killed in an offensive, that's one thing, but he was alive in custody, and his international rights should have been honored.

The rest of your bickering make you sound like bitter fools. It makes about as much sense as saying Europe killed Gadhafi. What happened happened, what didn't, didn't. If you can't see that, maybe your comments are best saved for another day.

2. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    It doesn't force anything on anyone. I'm an atheist and I don't oppose or detest this, or other similar things that you see "outrage" over in the news.

Not believing in god, has nothing to do with hating people that believe in god or religion. Those people who treat it that way, sure as hell don't represent all of us.

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Indeed. It would do you no harm Year to research some of these issues that anger you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust

The reason the motto still exists there (I'm summing it up here) is to recognize the fact that one of the influences that brought the U.S. together during and after the civil war was the unity of religion (specifically Christianity at the time) and the freedom to practice religion as one wished.

It is the same thing has the state flag of California bearing a bear.

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol it doesn't anger me at all and i have nothing against America just to be clear.

now regarding Wikipedia..

Wiki - ""Both [sides of the Civil War] read the same Bible and pray to the same God, and each invokes His aid against the other""

so they prayed to God for him to help while they fight (and kill) people, one of the commandments is Thou Shall Not Kill.

contraddiction there. :)

so imho a more appropriate motto would be.. "In Unity We Trust".

you may be one of those who don't mind it, but you have no idea how many atheist out there would love to see this removed from coins and dollar bills.

personally i don't like it, but i don't mind it either.

atheist here too and i like all people regardless of their religion, race, sexual orientation etc. no question about that.

infact i'd rather have something like In God We Trust written everywhere if it brings happiness and peace to people, when the world is good, everyone's good regardless of who they are and what they believe. :)

5. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

100% agreed. I'm an agnostic theist, and it STILL irritates the hell out of me. I don't live in a theocracy, and I'd happily fight tooth and nail to prevent the U.S. from becoming one. The majority of atheists I know have a problem with it.

And I agree with their anger.

Getting rid of it isn't assaulting others' beliefs - religion is to be kept to oneself, not meshed with government.

Also, while I'm clearly guilty of this from what I just wrote, isn't everyone kind of getting...side-tracked? Too many off-topic posts.

Glad to see Gaddafi gone, as I said earlier. The man was pure evil. It was actually a French jet which ruined his precious convoy. He escaped, and then was promptly captured by the rebels. Sometime during this, he was shot at by both rebels and his own forces (news outlets are reporting he was caught in the crossfire). No one really seems to be sure who actually killed him.

Good riddance.

- PR-0927

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i totally get your point.

and btw i also agree that the thread is getting too much off-topic even though its normal because there are many points of view which is understandable, so i'd say lets get back on track here with Gadhafi and his death. :thumbup:

7. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    my reaction to this thread,

[​IMG]

seriously, this is why we can't have nice things.

8. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    couldn't agree more.

9. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Funny to me, that he's been a dictator there for 42 years, and it's only now a problem.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i think its a snowball effect more will follow

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    where the hell do you get bullcrap like this?

12. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    We do not know at what state EXACTLY Iran is.

However they have large stockpiles of home enriched uranium, they were also accused of having uranium enriched at above reactor grade level. This means that any country dreaming of putting one man on the ground will have to deal with the very real reality that the enemy could build atomic weapons, not the classic atomic bombs but dirty weapons which are still dangerous.

Imagine the american public having to hear about soldiers killed from radiation sickness etc?

NOT going to happen.

13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Finally, some justice for the 1985 attempted murder of Doc Brown by the Libyans at Twin Pines Mall parking lot!

14. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    This is the only comment worth posting in this thread. The rest of this thread was drivel.

"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense." ~ Edward Blake.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    lol, great post Repo Man.

I knew i shouldn't of clicked on this thread, as i knew it would end up with people using it as an excuse to vent.

Maybe i have read it wrong, but considering he was killed by NTC fighters after an initial attack by French fighter jets, i'm unsure how this has turned into an anti US thread.

The also claimed they NTC fighters were running about brandishing his golden gun, and arguing over who was he one who killed him, so i think that kinda confirms why he wasn't taken alive for a trial.

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    That annoys me too. I am agnostic....

17. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    The best! :banana:

18. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
  19. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    So the topic has gone to sh!t. I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Let's talk about anything BUT the OP. It's not big enough news for the ADD generation big mouths who want a forum to spout their personal hatred, yet are too cowardly to make a topic. They just run their big fat mouths about whatever they want, whenever they want. Too spoiled by their mommies, and dads that should have kicked their butts, instead reverted to their bottles, and left these kids to raise themselves. Buy junior whatever he wants and maybe he'll grow up to be a good boy. To hell with teaching discipline and respect.

So whatever.... Gadhafi in a Gadahfi topic is too obvious. Lets talk about How much I hate Jews, black folks and Mexicans. That should be OK right? I mean it's ok for you all to openly hate Americans and Christians. Right? Right?

Let's talk about the filthy Muslims, and the whacked out drug users on this forum. You know who else I hate? Canadians. Really, you're just America's queer little brother who can't defend himself. Oh yeah, Queers. Faggots. I hate anyone who isn't straight like me. I'm obviously better than you because I like the puss, not the peen. I am on a level far above you Mex-Jew-black-fag-Canadian-atheist-poor-Brit losers.

I love being free to express myself. I love that for as long as I've been a member here I've tried to remain respectful, but now I don't have to. It's nice to avoid the specific topic, and have the freedom to troll as desired. 4chan isn't just for 4chan anymore- viva la 4chan. No discussion is safe anymore.

Thanks for the open forum, and thanks for the freedom.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  20. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.