G80 Boiling? What are your temps?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by 240aintenuff, Nov 9, 2006.

1. 240aintenuff

240aintenuff Member Guru

GPU:
    Unlocked 6950
    I applied some arctic silver 5, and at first temps went up a bit, but I figured that was normal, since it had to cure fiirst. After 2 days, temps dropped from 62~63 to a flat 60c. I still haven't found the "run fan at full speed" check box... anyway to get the old control panel back?

2. Googie

Googie Master Guru

GPU:
    [1] XFX 6870 HD @955/1100
    I believe the review card had an Idle temp of 80C might wanna check out review

3. SebJC

SebJC Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI x1950 XT
    get some air flow in that thing :|

4. DaveOwl

DaveOwl Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTS
    My 7800 GTX 512 had an idle temperature of 39-45 and load 55-60. Something is badly wrong with some of your cases! :p

5. hulioni

hulioni Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 FTW SLI
    Yeah that helps a ton. Idle dropped to 48c and max around 63c. Much much better. Is there a way to set the fan and have it stay there, right now I have to set it manually after each restart?

6. HeavyH20

HeavyH20 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 Tri SLI
    Completely different cards, so completely different results. In a well ventilated case, the cards will idle around 60C. That is normal.

7. DaveOwl

DaveOwl Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTS
    Glad I didn't get the first revision of G80 cards then, that really is not very good. Looks like watercooling will be standard before we know it.