G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    No mods needed, archer's have been overpowered since day 1 :D

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I meant more cosmetical mods, some cool looking bows :D So far i only installed LOTR weapon mod.

3. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
  4. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    No time? It takes as long as dragging and dropping a few files does.
    Personally, I won't play skyrim without an ENB, not to mention the fixes or things like enboost/3.1GB bypass/sheson's code that can be associated with it.

To each their own of course, but the difference is stark.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

5. tapioks

tapioks Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    @PieEyedPiper
    I agree. Can't play the game without ENB ;)

And in related news....

Hey folks! Here's the latest video in my ENB effect demo series, for your consideration.

This video demonstrates how the individual effects of ENB contribute to overall image quality. First a comparison is shown between vanilla Skyrim & full ENB, then individual effects are shown being added in sequence.

[​IMG]
    Layering ENB Effects - 1080p @ 30FPS

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I kno what you mean, but you got to find the one you like. I tried it the other evening, had to cahnge some values etc etc, loaded game and it crashed. I want to come home after work, fire up the game and play for an hour or so without over thinking it too much.

Saying that i might give it another go this weekend.

I havent actually played DLCs yet. When do they become available? do i need to be certain level?

7. tapioks

tapioks Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    I'm not sure at what level the DLC's become available. I think Hearthfires is available right away, but you must become a Thane of a hold and have enough cash to buy land etc. I think Dawnguard kicks off around level 10, and Dragonborn is better played as a 20+ level character.

As for game stability, there are 2 things that will essentially eliminate crashes:

- ENBoost
    - SKSE.ini memory patch.

There is phenomenal guide on how to set these up (along with some other good tips) at this page: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/?

Also, changing values of ENBseries cannot have any impact on your savegame files, i.e. it does not modify savegame data in any way.

In any case, I can appreciate the desire to just boot up and play without hassles ... I'm just a sucker for cutting edge graphics and eye candy :p

8. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    At least he didn't take an arrow to the knee..

[​IMG]

9. tapioks

tapioks Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    Hi folks! I just finished publishing my latest ENB effect demo video, for your consideration. This time taking a look at the sun rays effect. You

can find the other videos in the series in THIS THREAD.

This video demonstrates the crepuscular rays, or sun rays, effect of ENB series for Skyrim. Sun rays are shafts of light perceived to issue from

the position of the sun. These rays are tinted orange by the atmosphere they traverse, and are most easily visible at dawn and dusk hours. For

details, see the Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crepuscular_rays

[​IMG]
    Crepuscular Rays Effect Demo - 1080p @ 30FPS

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://www.bethblog.com/2015/03/02/skyrim-workshop-file-limit-is-now-limitless/

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Way too late, people have been using other means of getting larger mods for years now.

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    meh, Workshop is crap anyway. Understanable that it is better for the avg dumb joe tho. One click install/dl.
    Not to mention exclusivity to a storefront. (Imagine W3 having steam exclusive mods for example, pathetic)

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Maybe that's what they are preparing, interesting thought. They are managing the DLC's for the games similar, that would only make sense.

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    If Beth still cares about Skyrim they could Patch it and fix the Lip Sync issue that noone has been able to fix yet.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/aboutpaidcontent/

16. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Uh... I don't like where this is going... I don't mind supporting modders with donations, but this... expect to see people posting **** and charging money for it. Before it was about passion and improving the game, but now it might be about making a buck.

EDIT: I have over 200 mods install for Skyrim. If I had to pay for each one of those, $1 to $2 each, then I would have spent between $200 to $400... on mods! If this becomes the norm and the nexus website loses mod authors because they want to monetize on their mods, then modding is dead.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Like having to pay for the Air you've been breathing for free your entire life :)

I think this idea will increase PC Piracy even more.

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Oh don't worry, not all mods will cost money. I bet a lot of the modders that have amde them because of exactly the reason of improving the game have no interest in feeding Valve with their work's payment, if only by a bit.

If Skyrim still goes down the hill with this kind of mod politics, it's not to be held up by us. Also, that game is 4 years old... time to do a new one anyway. If it won't have free mods, I would not by any possible successor.

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    This might kill the Modding Community when it comes to small Mods, that DO make a difference in many cases no matter how small they are. Everyone wants to get paid now for their Mods, and if they can't they wont bother Modding anymore.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    **** microtransactions ... whether they be sold by the publisher or another gamer. A "tip jar" for UGC is one thing (they've always had paypal links on their sites anyway) but a compulsory price tag on a mod? Lol no. **** off. I'm not made of money. The only mods I would consider paying for are those which took a life of their own like Black Mesa or Killing floor.