G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Grahf

Grahf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Yep, been waiting FOREVER!!!!
    Now I can use a sweet lightshow pic as my avatar. ;)

2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    what happened to wars in skyrim... ive just done a clean install to start a new game with new mods and i cant find it anymore

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The mod developer got accused of stealing other peoples work. He had a bunch of people help him in the design and didn't give them credit, then posted something along the lines of they didn't help him at all. The community called him out and he deleted the mod that's that.

4. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB

5. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    What? I never heard that from Alex. This is the last thing i heard from Wars on Skyrim http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.p...-mod-offline/page__view__findpost__p__5060633

Though i never liked the concept. It was lots of bell and whistles but kinda "amateur" for such big mod. From what i've read, the bulk of the work, that is, the spawn points, are just modified critter spawn points (bunnies, foxes, etc) so it isnt "custom" at all. Its like if edited one leveled list to make every single chest with random loot have an Elven sword (add item, increase chance, thats all there is to it) and then said "Behold this mod, every single chest in the world is customized to have an Elven sword!" Its sounds way more hard than it really is.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I forget what mod I was looking on the forum thingy for, but there was a post on skyrim nexus that detailed the entire thing and multiple people seemed to confirm what was said. What I posted was merely a summary. Why else would he delete his work in "justifiable rage"?

http://forum.step-project.com/printthread.php?tid=85&page=2

Second post.

Dunno, people seem to be divided, but like I said the forum thread I read seemed to paint a pretty clear picture to me that he was ripping off other devs content.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How long you have been active in the modding community? You'd be surprised at the ammount of modders who just get the fck out once they get fed up with the comments. Alienslof was one of them i think, great (girl btw) modeler. Then more recently there is 747823, original author of Realistic Lighting without Post processing mod, also got fed up and gave up modding.
    What he could steal? Leveled lists? lol Nope, i found nothing on him. I'd have seen at least one thread in the "Skyrim Mod Authors" subforum in the Nexus dealing with that if that was the case.

The link you gave says exactly what the Nexus thread said.

Hell, if you try to look up "wars in skyrim steal" in google one of the first page results is your post. I think you're confusing it with some other mod.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Err, ok you're were right. I found the thread I was talking about -- apparently someone re-uploaded the mod after he took his down, that person tried maintaining it for like a day before he got taken down by the mods for stealing the originals guys work. When I first read it I thought it was the original mod owner who got taken down.

Sorry =(

9. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No problem dude. Cant get angry at you if you have such an awesome rig! :p

10. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Banned

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    Idk if its been posted yet, but check this cool tool. I already posted in another thread, but this is more on topic.

Its called Optimizer Textures by AdPipino

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12801

It checks whole Skyrim dir for any duplicates, big uncompressed files and error file sizes.. It can save some vram space and load/stream the game faster..

Last edited: May 9, 2012

11. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    That's pretty good, saved me quite a bit on vram
    dont forget to backup your textures before you start though.....like i did :3eyes:

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  12. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Banned

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    Cool, lol i found it by accident when searched for table retextures :)

I used minimal Dx5 compression and it fixed around 25-30 files, mostly outdoor textures, roads, rocks and other misc stuff like 3-4 wrong sizes and 1 damaged file.

Hm i didnt backup anything, but it took ~ 8-9min to complete, i just pinpointed Install folder and let it scan everything :nerd:

13. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The end is nigh!

Skyrim is off the front page of top sellers on the Steam charts for the first time in 7 months. :eek3:

edit - Scrolled down and discovered its not in the top twenty. I suppose we can deduce that literally EVERYONE now owns it. There are simply no more potential customers. :3eyes:

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I own it. Just haven't played it yet.

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    As it's now been six months since the game's release I decided to do a redux version of the opening gameplay video, this time fully modded :)

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC (Modded) Opening Gameplay *Redux* w/ENB Update HD 1200p

[​IMG]

Click on video to view

Last edited: May 15, 2012

16. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    It's on sale on steam.

33% off

17. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    lol - you might be right... ;)

I've spent 265 hrs in the game (just started up again 2 weeks ago) and I have yet to do even half of the main quest, more than a third of the Companions, have yet to touch the College of Winterhold, or the Bards College, still want to try the Imperial side of the Civil War, and probably have close to 50% of the dungeons left to experience. I started doing my own modding this week too. :eek: I think my original estimate of 500-600 hours spent on this game is going to be too low by far. :infinity:

18. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ENB modding

i find that candles are to bright and have to much outa circle glow, how can i turn down the radius of this glow and also the brightness of candles..i ask as dungeons with many candles are way to bright :( and their just wouldnt be that much light from that source

19. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I want a crossbow.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Is there a way to get SGSSAA to work?