1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Yeah I've been using HQ LODs since it was released, comes with LOD files for textures, normals and meshes. Even has custom texture LODs for all the popular individual landscape texture mods. That along with RTW seem to have nicely evened out shorelines.

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    I wonder if it's gonna be compatible with SMIM in the future.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    SMIM (Static Mesh Improvement Mod or what it's name was.) doesn't touch the LOD files so it should be compatible, or is there some other conflict?

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Left a comment at the file, cuz i got no clue what to download with the following addons:

Enhanced Distant Terrain
    Terrain Bump
    W.A.T.E.R.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    After 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 BETA the Unofficial Patch has now been released as 1.0 RELEASE.

Unofficial Skyrim Patch 1.0 RELEASE

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/files/file/205-unofficial-skyrim-patch/

Also on Nexus.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=19

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Terrain Bump has also gotten an Update to HD, which looks really nice.

Terrain Bump - Texture Pack by OpticShooter

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4964

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Tried installing ENB series again today, but it's just too anoying that it always crashes if I try to use afterburner and I really need that OC since my card get's stretched to the max as it is. Not to mention the crashes I get in-game from various bugs.

Still I think I managed to make my Skyrim look quite awesome with tons of other mods, will give ENB another try when things settle down since apparenlty the quite often patches Bethesda releases screw with that particular mod a lot...

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    ENB hooks the GPU identification ID and changes it so if you were to open RenderInfo.txt it would say.

Renderer Device Information:
    ENB
    d3d9.dll
    (Other stuff here)

Instead of (In my case)

Renderer Device Information:
    AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
    aticfx32.dll

I assume this causes issues with other hooks using the GPU ID or what the proper name is anyway I assume it would conflict with any utility trying to get this info to properly work. :)
    (Which also includes the drivers and specific optimizations and inbuilt code in Skyrim itself apparently, according to the ENB homepage at least, I'm not quite good enough with this sort of thing.)

EDIT: Which is also why if you have ENBInjector.exe open (Or maybe you're still using the d3d9.dll version, there's nothing wrong with that.) it will also re-detect all settings.
    (ENB I believe corresponds to the hooks of a Nvidia 9800 GPU something, might be a 8600 though, I'm not 100% certain what it currently uses as is pretty evident.)

(Auto detect will usually fall between high to v.high depending on other components, usually just the high preset.)

EDIT: Speaking of renderinfo.txt I managed to get Skyrim to recognize more than four hardware threads however this might be entirely unstable and have a number of other issues.

Before
    HW Thread Count : 4

After
    HW Thread Count : 10

I changed the inumhwthreads line in Skyrim.ini
    (Which doesn't exist normally outside of a saveini command.)

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Yes, skyrim needs to be started with the launcher when ENB is in use so it uses the hardware ID ENB is designed to use. Also renderinfo.txt should be deleted whenever ENB files are changes. I've created a simple batch file that does that for me.

If using the ENBInjector ensure it is open when running skyrimlauncher

They are all based on vanilla textures so you would use the vanilla/standard textures LOD pack, along with the LOD Normals pack and either the high or low res LOD meshes. Using these with above mentioned mods will result in no LOD files being overwritten according to wrye bash.

9. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Almost 5 months have passed, and this game still sits on top of the Steam charts...and I'm still playing it. Unbelievable, on both counts.

:program:

10. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 1070 sniper
    gonna buy it next friday

hope i wont be dissapointed

11. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    This game is everlasting.

12. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Agreed. Played it since the day it came out with 300+ hours so far and still finding new things.

Truly an amazing game.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Same here, and most of the time I'm not even actually "playing" the game, but trying out new mods & tweaks and enjoying the view, taking screenshots etc. :p

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Funny thing is I wasn't even excited about this game leading up to the release date. :3eyes:

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Wow, was just walking past shor's stone in the rift and a group of birds swooped down and flew right past me.. more than 300 hours in and I'm still seeing things for the first time :)

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Try it in 3D, thats wow!

17. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I swear this game is alive and reads my mind. Everytime i think i need to draw the sword (i'm walking around, not riding) i turn around and see something dangerous jumping at me.

On another occasion i heard some monster breaths near a river bank, so i duck and got as close as i could to the side slope of the river. Sun was shining and i could see the shadow of the bushes on the riversand and though" wow, if this was a movie you could see the shadow of the beast passing by overhead" and guess what happened? MINDBLOWING!

I love it.

18. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all in the creation kit how do i find a location such as the lady stone in the world space as i cant seems to figure it out

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    There should be a location or landmark (Or map-marker) for it, going via those usually works.
    (I've not used Skyrim's Creation Kit but that's how I navigated around in the Morrowind and Oblivion Construction Kits.)

(Right click on the entry and see where it's used and zooming to that can also work or just going to riverwood or any named cell in the list and browsing through the game areas that way.)

20. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    What should I do first? the Season Unending quest or complete the civil war?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.