G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No dont delete them.
    Lower them to 1000, 2000, and 3200 in that order
    Also, mainzprepass causes artifacts; turn on the shadows one

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I found out that ipresentinterval=0 does not turn vsync off. You must force it off from your driver control panel

3. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Had another dragon encounter. This time it attacked me. But then there were periods of time where it just stood still doing nothing. Man am I disappointed with the dragons in this game. ****.

I wait and wait and wait until I eventually have a dragon fight and when I do it's ****ing underwhelming. Here's hoping that my next encounter will be 'epic'.

4. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Dragon Age Origins was RPG gold. I found it bounds better than the Witcher and I could not play Risen for longer than 3 hours, same with the Witcher. Could not get into either game. For me Bioware has always been my #1 company for RPGs.

5. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    No way.....
    SKYRIM is better than anything BIOWARE has ever made...
    Need proff....In 2 years lots of people will still be playing SKYRIM.
    How long did you play MassEffect?
    SKYRIM is better in every way than Oblivion was.
    How much better was MassEffect 2 than 1? Not much!
    EA wants a new game every year!
    So BIOWARE has become nothing but a $$ grabber...SORRY!
    BIOWARE was smart not to bring a tittle out this year, because SKYRIM is here!
    They could never beet them out for GOTY.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  6. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    One small but huge correction. Bio-Ware USED to be #1 at making rpgs.
    They are the gaming equivalent of metalica now. But hey as long as the MTV crowd buys it its good right? xD

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Bioware WAS also my #1 RPG guys... it's now a thing of the past. Last chance with SWTOR tho :(

NWN1 era was ****ing gold.

8. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I still haven't seen a dragon yet.. When the game starts and you build your character, a dragon attacks everyone.. Are you supposed to kill that dragon? Because I followed a person out of the village. So was I supposed to kill that dragon that appears right after you build your character?

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    someone should start a thread aand start posting mods and game configs. so that way when i finally get to this game, ill know what mods are the best to use :D

10. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Good idea.......:thumbup:

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Checked out the mod site, so far nothing really worth adding apart from the force more than 2gig memory. I guess the really good stuff will have to wait until the SDK is out.

Dragon fights are so so, they tend to be much much better when they take place with other NPCs about, I've had five of them so far and for the most part they are straight forward enough.

Issues with the game, biggest so far save for the occasional drop to desktop for no reason is that the game mechanics are exactly the same as in Oblivion, by that I mean you cannot do two things at once, if you launch an attack you are frozen in that attack until the animation finishes and that seems to be the case with just about everything you do in this game, it wound me up in Oblivion and whilst the fighting is smoother in Skyrim this game mechanic is still there and still really annoying.

Oh and enemy animations that lock the enemies health bar and makes them invincible to all attacks until they have completed whatever animations they are doing, that's a new one which I can't remember ever seeing in Oblivion

12. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Cool idea, but it has too many flaws in its current stage; issues from the map not rendering correctly, right through to no map at all when indoors as well as an infinite load screen bug, good idea but it's a WIP.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    well its going to be a while before i get to this game. i still have 4 other games to finish :p

15. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah. Its a pain in the ass. Didn't try it out myself before I posted it. Tried it out and my map was a nice grey screen.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I dont mind the weak dragons, theres still plenty of tough adversaries throughout, warrior mages, vampires and even an occasional tough bandit in a fort. I have other issues that annoy me more than weak dragons, and that is the standard template dialogue that Lydia uses (which she even utters in the same tone of voice) or other NPCs (esp traders). FFS they could have used more variety in the responses. It injects a 'same old, same old' predictability that gets wearisome to hear after the 100th time. So to me, that is more a shortcoming than weak dragons. It detracts from the level of immersion. Dont like the damn horse either, I prefer to go on foot.

17. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    I also wish the marriage thing was done better too, rather than the "slap-an-amulet-on-and-get-hitched-immediately" style that they incorporated. But I suppose this has been a major drawback for all the TES games /Fallout 3 games, there's just not much depth to characters due to the scale of the environment, etc.

18. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    This kinda stuff really makes me say WTF really?!?!?!?! seriously, this dresser looks like its something they stole from morrowinds or something.

This is on ultra btw

[​IMG]

19. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
  20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I'd say you either wait for the 'HQ EndTable Mod' or do it yourself ;)

Yeah and +1 for a STICKY SKYRIM MOD THREAD

[edit] Ninja'd !
    Thats the beauty of the inet, everytime you think of something its already been made

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.