G2A.com ... WTF!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Fel8me, Dec 26, 2014.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming 8G
    I've been using g2play for a few years and would recommend them to anyone. I recently bought Unity and FC4 from G2A because they were cheaper and haven't any problems yet. I do find you have to read all the print carefully because of different game versions, DLCs, regions etc.

2. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    If you paid by credit card then get a charge back on the grounds that what you bought was not legal or legit there for you were defrauded by G2A

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    G2A is mostly just the platform, not the seller. There are mainly 3rd party sellers and if you decide to buy from a 3rd party seller theres always a chance of fraud (they bought keys with stolen CC or fake paypal).

Im never gonna buy there, i have my sources which are also cheaper (and there are enough key-sellers who are cheaper..) and more trusted. On G2A there are too many fraud re-sellers. But eventually, buy where you want and who you trust (most).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I've never bought from G2A but if they send you your game through a Steam gift that should be a red flag right there. If its a key they send you like other sites (GMG), then you simply activate it on Steam just like any other key. Valve didn't put the words Gift anywhere in there TOS so I still don't understand how you are coming to that conclusion.

5. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Tony Paloma interview :- http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/valve-updates-steam-gift-rules-to-limit-key-resellers/

I hope this stops the "impossible they cant do that" crap people keep saying.

6. jimdove

jimdove Master Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    never had any problem with them or kinguin, I dont use the "russian" or other VPN needed stuff or steam gift stuff either, just the basic steam key things.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You still aren't understanding. This does not affect a key purchased from another website unless the website you bought it from is buying it from Steam as a gift and trading that "gift" to you.

So unless you are trading something from your inventory to the seller, there is no issue. Gifting still works as normal.

Again, I've never bought from one of these sites because they look shady to me, but I doubt they are getting your Steam account and setting up a trade for the game.

8. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    For example you buy a key from a reseller on G2A they send the key as a gift if Steam transactions flags up that key from an unauthorised key reseller then the problem arises the account holder bought from an unauthorised source & Steam looses there cut in revenue so they revoke the key & sometime entire accounts,So the 30 day rule comes into affect so it can be investigated as to weather the key has come from an authorised reseller if they find is wasn't from an authorised reseller games/accounts get revoked because its illegal simple as that.

9. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    The 30 day rule is there to stop people selling games and doing charge backs. It has nothing to do with Steam investigating anything.

I've been using key sites (GA2 included) for years with no problems, hopefully it will continue that way and thanks to the new Steam rules it should do.

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    If a company is sending you games through Steam gifts then that is not a company I would want to do business with. That is just shady business practices. If I buy a game I want the key to be sent to me that I can activate on Steam and know that the key is valid.

11. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    G2A does "NOT" send keys as gifts, people like you & me send them & use G2A to advertise what they are selling how hard can it be to read & understand what the guy from Valve says in his interview :bang: . Its also the chance you take buying keys to download & activate games most are legit but lots aren't, If you get one that's not legit & your game or account get revoked you don't have a leg to stand on its a case of tough sh1t no refunds no sueing etc etc.

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ok i'm just going to stop you right there....WHAT?

• "they send the key as a gift in steam" Uh? You don't send keys that way, you send products that way, not keys, so what are you talking about? And the only problem that happens with KEYS not PRODUCTS is if those keys were stolen/key gen/etc. Problems that happen with PRODUCTS are charge backs occurred on a product you were gifted/traded. You need to clarify what you are even talking about as you sound like you are talking about products yet you keep saying keys and it's not making any sense at all
    • "steam transaction flags up that key from an unauthorized key reseller" Again what? Steam would only "flag" anything if they did a chargeback, steam doesn't care if you gift games and there's no way for them to know if it was "sold", the ONLY thing that EVER causes problems is when people do chargebacks, and this no longer gets people, the receivers, account blocked etc. THIS is why there's a 30 day wait period for TRADING games not gifting games, though really gifting games is a loop hole from trading but there's no much valve could do about that as if they were to put a 30 day wait period on GIFTING that would defeat the purpose of gifting
    • "Steam looses there cut in revenue" Steam only loses revenue IF A CHARGE BACK HAPPENS. so i'm not sure what this has to do with anything as obviously steam is going to do something when FRAUD is occuring

I'm not going to continue to read the rest of your post as you are clearly not making any sense

If it's a shady place, package is opened, shrink wrap doesn't look right, etc. then yeah you need to figure out what you are buying from who how legit it is and etc. if you continue to buy a product that you know requires a CD key and it doesn't look right that's your fault, and that's ALL non-authorized ONLINE stores

BTW, you just tried to compare online stores to retail stores so i'm not going to even read the rest of what you said. It's people like you who make it difficult for everyone else due to your inability to have common sense when purchasing products anywhere, online, retail, etc. doesn't matter

IGNORANCE DOES NOT EXCUSE ANYONE when the INFORMATION is out there.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Obviously too hard for you to understand because you aren't making any sense at all.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Just found out you can buy keys off other people on G2A, perhaps you did that and got an illegal key?

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Thats what i said more than once, not only in this thread...3rd party seller=high chance its bought by them with stolen CC or fake paypal! And since you found out just recently let me assume that many people also dont know about the 3rd party sellers! :3eyes: