G2A.com - Anyone used them?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dk_lightning, May 31, 2015.

1. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    My brother get some games from them now and then and has no issues what so ever.

Me, Their "security system" is rejecting every order and for no reason. The support guy I spoke to says that I need to make sure the G2A account is in my name, and matches the card used to pay, it does.

I cant see why this is happening. They now have £8.12 from me and I have nothing to show for it.

What a waste of space..

If the G2A account is in my name, the card i use to pay is also in my name and the email, telephone number and address etc are all correct then there should be no issue!

/rant

2. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I just use paypal with them no issues but I wouldn't use my bank card with them.

3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    i have not used G2A but i have used others with no problems when i used paypal

i try not to use the card number wherever possible

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I used them once for MKX. No problems so far.

5. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    No problems so far.
    @dk_lightning are you sharing same ip with your brother, I now some shops tracking your ip for security measures.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Contact your bank. I have issues with my bank card on some sites where the bank blocks the transaction for security risks. If you contact them and tell them its legit it will usually go through.

7. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    ive bought tons and never had an issue, However in the last week my brother had his arma 3 and ESO Both taken off his account.

8. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    I bet your bank card was blocked by your banks security for making out of the ordinary transactions this happens a lot & you should get a text from your bank with instructions how to unblock your card, nothing to do with G2A.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  9. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Its not a bank issue, the money left my account fine and my bank txt me to authorize any "odd" payments to make sure its me, and this did not happen...

Its not an IP issue either... Me and my brother don't live together. And I am the only person in the house that has ever used G2A.

It would help if G2A would tell me the exact reason for being rejected. But they either cant or wont.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If they aren't going to help you, then I would contact your bank and dispute the charges.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i did

once Steam pulled out WATCH DOGS out of my account and G2A refused to refund me , another time they sold me a used PSN card , again no refund

they kept asking me to do stupid things , after that i just dropped them

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Terrible company they sell the same windows keys to as many people as they can, they have sold many stolen keys in the past and keys connected to CC fraud.

But are we surprised they have sold games in the past for waaaaay under retail price, much better alternatives out there imo.

cdkeys and gmg are my goto sites or just vpn's on origin :p

13. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Its totally fine if you buy from G2A, but if you buy from some guy that sells via G2A well then that's your bad choice, common sense should kick in.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Not really, I only ever bought from g2a and not wierd sellers but then even they started to be gifted though random Russian accounts on steam and it was g2a that I got a key revoked from.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Never had issues with G2A, but I've only used them about 3-5 times. Nowadays I just buy my games directly from Steam/Origin/Battle.net because they are the only ones that can guarantee pre-load and minute 1 unlock.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Curious,why does G2A.com say pillars is $11.66,then when I click on that is says $18.07 or something like that..

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Cos you need to chose the correct vendor and also exclude g2a-shield. Gog Version is also 10$ cheaper.

19. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I did choose the correct vendor. It says its out of stock also. GOG version is $39.99 How is that $10 cheaper?

20. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    I just used them for the first time last night and had zero problems. Got a great deal on a great game and a 100% legitimate key for use on GOG :pc1: