G-Syns Issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Swindlehurst, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Swindlehurst

Swindlehurst Guest

GPU:
    Msi 1080
    having trouble with gysnc I have my AOC g2460pg hooked up by display port
    some times I listen to music trough my denon home cinema amp which is hooked up by hdmi now Gsync works fine when I install A fresh driver (currently on 361.75) but as soon as I hook up my amp I cannot reactivate Gsync. It says its on in the control panel 144hz monitor, vsync on and gsync enabled in fullscreen mode yet when I play Rainbow Six Seige my FPS goes above 144 and I get some tearing. Ive have tried disabling hdmi in control panel and turmimg off pc unplug lead and fire it up again. the only way I can get Gsync to work again is fresh driver install with just monitor plugged in.
    when I plug the hdmi in it must change something that turns of the Gsync
    Hope I have explained myself well enough any ideas would be great

2. Swindlehurst

Swindlehurst Guest

GPU:
    Msi 1080
    Ok so 150 views no reply so what I am trying to do is have 2 monitors running at the same time one is 144hz gsync other is 1080p 60hz hdtv via av amp ive tried allsorts
    My adjust desktop size and position shows the 2 monitors ones at 60hz other at 144hz both set at aspect ratio, monitor is set to gpu on perform scaling on. The tv its set to display?
    gsync on fullscreen
    vsync is set to on in manage 3d settings
    is this setup possible on windows 10

3. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Is it even possible to run a multimonitor setup and have GSync on one monitor and not on the other??

4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @slickric21; Absolutely. Not Surround though.

I don't know about your specific case, unfortunately. But, I know when the monitors sleep, or even it seems even sometimes after updates or restarts, Gsync will not work. It will say it's on, both on NVCP and in the display settings but windowed games just without Gsync and fullscreen games run at like 30 FPS.
    It drove me crazy for the longest time. But by chance, I found an easy way to fix it. Open Display Settings in Windows (I'm on 10 if it matters) and pretty much just re-set all the options, resolution, refreshrate, and position of your multi-monitors.

If if that doesn't work, then I guess our issues simply are unrelated.