G-Sync doesn't work with Dark Souls 3 -- Any idea why?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BlindBison, Jul 17, 2020.

1. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    ^For that image, I saw in another forum that someone had mentioned that the option wasn't present for Dell G-sync panels for whatever reason -- if it's in another spot, let me know, but I can't seem to find it unfortunately. Feelsbadman -- I'll give disabling HAGS though and see if it helps with the stuttering that occurs every so often (it may be tied to asset streaming).

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Open Nvidia control panel change resolution/display and check mark G-sync then hit apply or OK
    gsync.png

3. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    @gerardfraser Oh dude, you're a life saver! Thanks mate -- i'm sorry to have wasted everybody's time tracking that down. It's here after all, hurray! Out of curiosity, how'd you go about changing your font there if you don't mind my asking?

@AsiJu Thanks for your time and pointing out that indicator, I'm sorry I doubted you -- seems I was just looking in the wrong place so that's my mistake.

4. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    @SalamatiQus Thanks, yeah I tested that out and I'm pretty sure there is some I/O hitching going on when going into certain areas -- I saw on another forum people were saying it was tied to the online somehow and that From had broken something in one of their patches targeting cheaters/that it didn't "used to" work like this, but I can't really say how it used to be since I really don't remember.

EDIT: So, I tried just standing still with the camera looking in one direction for about 5 minutes and a periodic hitch/stutter still occurred for me from time to time. I would go ahead and test if this is network related (it could be both I/O stutter and something like that), but I'm steam sharing the game to my new account off my old one so I have to play online or can't launch the game. Looking at other forums, this does seem to be a common issue other users are having: https://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/3949028569227255745/ (though their fix of doing a network reset did not resolve the issue for me). Sometime back PC Gamer put out this article for DS3: https://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-3-patch-removed-from-steam-because-of-stuttering-gameplay/ so maybe eventually they put that patch live when they felt the level of issues caused was more acceptable, but i'm pretty much just speculating here at this point.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Change Windows font to any font you want,just copy in to notepad and save as .reg file .It will work with custom font also.
    Change this line "Segoe UI"="Segoe Script" to

"Segoe UI"="to any font"

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
    "Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]
    "Segoe UI"="Segoe Script"

BlindBison likes this.
  6. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    gerardfraser likes this.
  7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Winaero Tweaker will also allow you to change that font, and many other Windows fonts, with a GUI.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    BlindBison likes this.