G sync and frametime

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by GOSPODBOGTROICA, Mar 18, 2020.

1. GOSPODBOGTROICA

GOSPODBOGTROICA New Member

GPU:
    asus strix 970 4gb
    Hi guys, so i got a monitor with g sync, but does it works ? Ghz of monitor synhronized with fps, but how it really should works ? i was thinking that Ghz with fps synhronized and frametime is like 1 frame, it should be
    smooth line like that "---------" not like "--/---/-/-/-/-/" so what the point of g sync ? the frametime
    crooked, maybe i miss somethink i dont know. so there is 3 screenshots with frametime in game, with g sync no gsync and scaline x/2 of monitor in rtss, so the best was x/2, But i was think that with G sync it would be like x/2 frametime graphic, but its not why g sync not work like that. Maybe its only i got that ? So The
    smooth graphic frametime is ONLY x/2 , g sync and no g sync are not smooth. Why g sync not smooth frametime???

Attached Files:

2. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    (Mostly replying here to follow this topic when someone who knows better answers.)

I was under the impression that G-Sync was specifically tracking the frames-per-second metric, not frametime?

3. bapt33

bapt33 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Frametime fluctuate if fps fluctuate, if flat 120 fps, as x/2 does, frametime is flat. G sync is still variable refresh rate so frametime will fluctuate as the fps does, no way to counter that exept cap fps to a lower value

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    What monitor do you have? It looks like it's a 120 hz monitor, and if so, the fps needs to be capped BELOW 120 fps (like 116 fps) for g-sync to kick in.