Fx5500

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by killbox, Sep 11, 2007.

1. killbox

killbox Member

I have got a stupid FX5500 and i am not getting any of the outcomes that have been other users of this damn card. It is 256mb PCI

people claimed to have played FEAR on it without problems and people have played Halo without problems. I get severe lagand very poor quality. It is not overclocked and for some reason the clock/mem timings are 255/260

2. gunman127

gunman127 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti 6GB 960 2GB
    Whoever claimed to play FEAR on it is talking out of their arse.

That card was obsolete the day it was released, and will barely play anything more recent than the last 4 years.

Investigate your motherboard, see if it can accept AGP or PCI-E graphics cards, and if it can, get a new one sharpish!

3. Pazsion

Pazsion Member

GPU:
    5500 nvidia /quadro 600 unlocked?
    I have the same card, I've soft quadroed to a quadro 600.. pretty good stuff. also allowed 350/500 but most of the time, on my dell b110 could only handle 295/472 still much better then 270/405 stock. runs hot so make sure you have good cooling or ad a fan. Right now on a re-installl rivatuner isn't giving me any of the same options i had. i don't even have clock adjustments help anyone?

4. Pazsion

Pazsion Member

GPU:
    5500 nvidia /quadro 600 unlocked?
    to those who doubt the cards perforamce, I've played fear doom 3 halo various MMO games at 30-200FPS pretty consistently.. EVE-online.. as well. world in conflict.. no problem.. waiting for quakewars demo to d/l now =D

5. killbox

killbox Member

i actually have the same problem as above....
    also my stupid dimension 2350 cant accept ne other cept for PCI

6. killbox

killbox Member

is yours PCI?