FX is back!!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by maleficarus™, Jun 7, 2011.

1. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    "AMD Reintroduces FX Brand for High-End Processors and Platforms at E3

LOS ANGELES, June 7, 2011 — AMD (NYSE: AMD) today reintroduced the FX brand for PC processors and platforms at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). FX-branded products will be geared toward enthusiast PCs and HD entertainment aficionados. AMD also announced new members for its "Gaming Evolved" program, driving the PC gaming experience forward with native HD3D support in Eidos Montreal’s "Deus Ex: Human Revolution," and new collaborations with Bioware, Creative Assembly and Codemasters.

FX Brand Enables Top-Flight Experience for Gamers and HD Media Enthusiasts

The FX brand is associated AMD’s fastest processors and most powerful platforms - those designed for unrestrained PC performance for the ultimate gaming and HD entertainment experiences. In addition, these processors and platforms drive rich visuals for graphics intensive applications and high-resolution AMD Eyefinity multi-monitor configurations. The first platform to earn the FX title, the "Scorpius" platform will feature the now-available AMD 9-series chipset motherboards and AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series graphics cards, plus the upcoming "Zambezi" unlocked, native eight-core processor.1

"AMD’s FX brand will enable an over-the-top experience for PC enthusiasts," said Leslie Sobon, vice president of worldwide product marketing, AMD. "By combining an unlocked, native eight-core processor, the latest in chipset technology, and AMD’s latest graphics cards, FX customers will enjoy an unrivalled feature set and amazing control over their PC’s performance."

2. r2rX

r2rX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 480
    Let's see what AMD has to offer with the FX series. If it doesn't, at least, keep up with the i7 980x, then most will assume it's not good.

However, I think if people are reasonable, this CPU line could be really good. Unless you're into multimedia designing and really pushing the CPU with other calculative programs, even the i7 could be considered overboard.

Basically, if you're just a gamer, then this should be quite good indeed. :)

r2rX :D

3. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    I just had a day dream of the glory days of my FX60....that was a chip!

Anyway, the FX series was great when they were kicking butt but unless they do something by leaps and bounds I think they are insulting the FX series by bringing it back to a non king of the hill chip.

4. Amdgameplayer

Amdgameplayer Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd HD6970 crossfire

5. honkeykrakker

honkeykrakker Master Guru

GPU:
    I definitely agree with you. FX is from when AMD was smearing Intel. If they just bring it back as a name for "Black Edition unlocked" that is sad. But, if FX is the slayer of old I will be glad to give AMD another full paycheck!

6. ed218duknut

ed218duknut Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870 x2
    I still have a pc with fx 55, loved that chip.

7. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    939 socket was da Boss back in the days,still have a AM2 FX62

8. robert1990

robert1990 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    Waiting for reviews. If good, I'll do a full upgrade on my rig, lots of things need to be upgraded anyway :D Still confused tho whether I'll get the 1st gen of Bulldozer or the enhanced version :S Hope they priced it right :D

9. xtrm_gamer

xtrm_gamer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 OC
    If the FX series are able to overclock to 4GHz safely with moderate temps, then I'm surely buying it...

Time for upgrade for me then....:)

10. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    I wish I had the money for one of these.

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Oh the days of my FX55! Really hope AMD can give intel a run for it's money again.