FX 8150 Looks Core i7-990X and Core i7 2600K in the Eye: AMD Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by ViperXtreme, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Uh, Intel has always dropped their prices in relation to price vs performance of the competition. Either that or they just release new models that are competitive for the price. But as of now, Bulldozer isn't out yet, why would they drop their prices?

2. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    Intel will simply drop the price of the 2600K. They can easily afford to do this and from a business sense its almost assured they will.

I really don't see how much of a factor TDP or wattage is going to be for the majority of people. Even if it was 30% less power, how much is that going to save for the average person on an annual basis? £15?

3. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I hope and beats intel by a hairs bredth so that intel are forced to slash prices and my next upgrade doesn't cost so much :)

4. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    meh could be fake could be real,either way may jus keep what i have til i see what the 8170 which im sure will be coming and ivy bridge has to offer before an upgrade

5. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    it is 250 bucks 8 cores do i need to go on with this crap or what

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't really know if these are real or not, but the 8150 is not a true octocore cpu. Plus, the i7 2600k has 8 threads compared to the 8150's what, 4-6 real cores?

7. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I want to see how the single thread performance is >_>

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Well the i7-2700K is apparently more expensive than the i7-2600K but clocked at 100Mhz higher. They are however supposedly even better at overclocking than the i7-2600K.

This is the FX-8150P's main competitor - at the moment! but you must remember there is the FX-8170P coming out in a few months that is sort of like the i7-2600K and i7-2700K.

Most of the benchmarks and programs used in the demonstration aren't system tweaked, with FMA4 and XOP optimisations I'm sure those programs can do better. In any case, its a great competitor to the 2600K.

9. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    you can say that, but id bet more then anything they wont. They will discontinue it, bring out the 2700k raise the price a few dollars and leave it be. They know they have a big enough following that this wont matter much to them. As far as game changer, ahh i wouldnt go that far, amd hasnt done this since amd 64..they need a competitor for now...they dont have to beat intel simply compete with performance and price...
    also i only mentioned the wattage to cover all sides of things so people can get over this ..well its 8 cores vs 4 or its..130watts vs 120..blah blah cause like said NONE of that really matters..what does is performance and cost..thats it...wattage wont concern the outcome nor will the amount of cores it has..im not bigging up amd i havent been with them since the x2 and i doubt ill be upgrading my rig any time soon since imo neither has been impressive enough to make me upgrade other then boredom...but seriously i think its to the point that we need something to take advantage of this power except a few benchmarks that test stuff we hardly ever use in real world scenarios :)

10. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    While this is a good sign and good that elected to NOT include synthetic benchmarks (I seriously hate them and find them rather useless), I still want independently verified results and the chip rolled out asap than to believe what AMD coughs up themselves.

deltatux

11. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    AMD needs to ship Guru3D a sample for our Testing...

12. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I think Hilbert might already have a sample on hand, but the NDA prevents him from being able to say anything.

deltatux

13. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Darn NDA's...Don't Cha just Hate'um...

14. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock

Whatever if they OC better, you cant do a lot much with Sandy bridge, as their multi are locked at 57x... and for all of use who have OC them to death, we know sadly the SB are very verstatile.. mine do "stable" 5.3ghz 24/7 but will never pass 5,45 even with subzero cooling.... ( i mean -80°C ).

i go this under air, water, but even under subzero, the result is sadly the same.

15. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Bulldozer seems to be on par with Sandy Bridge. Thats not a bad result.
    Comparison with 990x is just marketing though

16. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I want to see BFBC2 and BF3 benchmarks as those games are well multithreaded but probably only using 4 cores..

17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    this may already be common knowledge, i'm sure it is, but it's the first time i'm seeing it:

[​IMG]

I know it's a quad core, but 4.2Ghz base, wow (FX-4170)

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

yea my point was, intel cpu always had price premium, but it was justified they cpu where much better then amds, now here comes 4 core AMD that beats 2600 in some tests and it got less cores, and does it for less. meaning Intels price premium isnt as justified as before.

19. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    I'm wondering how many of these benchmarks/applications have been compiled on Intel Parallel Composer :nerd:

20. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Quad is all anyone really needs atm. Even the Hex cores arnt really fully utilised in anything of real inportance. So a FX-4170 @ 4.2 base, + OC potential would be perfect.
    But then i could be talking outta my ass as iam drunk.:banana: