FX 8150 Looks Core i7-990X and Core i7 2600K in the Eye: AMD Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by ViperXtreme, Sep 24, 2011.

1. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    http://www.guru3d.com/news/amd-fx-8150-close-to-core-i7980x-and-core-i7-2600k-/

2. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    man i hope this ain't fake..now imagine what an 5ghz fx can do..

3. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Umm, of course it will beat another processor in a specific benchmark if it has an instruction set the other one doesn't. What really matters is how it performs in gaming.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    "AMD Benchmarks", you see wthat they did there? :D

Remember this :
    [​IMG]

5. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Seems credible to me. Some of the benchmarks show it losing to the i7 2600k. I'm excited to see them anyway

6. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Ah, so cut it by maybe half and call it good.

7. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Only reason why im believing this is because they show that some or half the benchmarks, the i7 2600k beats it. So seems like they aiming for "Fair and realistic" benchmarks.

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Uh no, notice it starts at 0.8... it's claiming a maximum of 25% over the 480, which I'm sure it can do.

All I'm hoping for is that when overclocks are taken into account that AMD can offer the same performance as Intel at an equal price. If they can offer the same performance at a lower price, then they might actually start a comeback.

9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    http://www.legitreviews.com/news/11430/

10. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Agreed, and if it is then competition in the cpu market is back!

11. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    First of all they should have pitted the gaming benchmarks against the 2600K but then it would have shown 8150 losing to a similar priced processor and they wouldn't have any comparison. Considering the FX 8150 has twice the integer cores of the 2600K and a decent clock speed advantage this bench shows BD being clock for clock slower. We will wait and see. Either way BD is going to be good for everyone when it comes to price cuts, cause I am sure intel is just waiting.

[​IMG]

12. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    looks legit

13. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    An 8 core CPU barely nudging past a quad core. I really don't see what there is to be impressed with?

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Disbelievers :devil:

15. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    a 6970 is on par with a 480/570 and sometimes a TINY bit faster...and sometimes vice versa...btw im an amd/ati fan...

these benchmarks look and feel like the one released a few years ago when they compared their weak outdated barton based athlon xp 3200+ with a 400fsb to intels then new 800fsb pentium 4 3.2 with 1mb cache and hyperthreading...

16. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    thats because you dont know how to interpret this.
    first off, its facing a quad core with ht that isnt quite an 8 core but still has good advantages over no HT..benchmarks have proven this.
    But the main thing you are missing is price/performance which is the biggest concern..if 2600k is selling for $300+ and 8150fx is $250 and slightly faster...then you have a win....and if your wanting to compare further, compare tdp/wattage used and see which one is what etc...but how many cores should NOT matter when it comes to raw performance...id take a single core cpu if it proved to be faster then a 10 core.. :)

17. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    all these are BS for me..i need real benchmarks...professional job done...not some theories about what amd fx is capable of...:banana::):puke2::biggun:

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    So how exactly are these benchmarks different than the ones released a couple days ago? They look pretty much the same.

The 2600K is selling for 300+ with no competition, now that there is Intel can easily just drop the price. Not to mention Ivybridge is just around the corner. AMD needed to come out with something game changing, not slightly better and cheaper.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It looses in every benchmark except in three. To be honest these PR slider tell nought. In any case competition is good.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    intel has been over pricing the cpus for years, cause people buy it what ever prices it is. and it seem amd is starting to get there act together performance wise. while still keeping there prices low.

One would think intel would realize this and actual price similar considering intel is no longer much better then amd. a Quad core beating a 8 core. is not something intel should be happy about considering it costs less, and still beat the 8 core even if it a lil bit.

And this coming from a person that hate AMD CPU and would never build a computer with them

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011