1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FW 177.92 with Physx v8.08.18 @ nvidia.com

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Weesni, Aug 26, 2008.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    That isn't the point.... they should set them to either prompt for the install or not or just not include them in the file and make you download them seperate.

These drivers are horrible.. I've not really said much about drivers in the means of being bad but I've tried these today on 10different machines here at work and they all have issues with something.

2. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    yes!

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Well, these are Beta drivers. ;)
    Not exactly the drivers I would install on 10 machines at work either.

At least on my system (Vista x64, SP1) they are running fine in Vantage, Crysis, Assassin's Creed, Grid, FFOW, C&C 3-Kane's Wrath, TimeShift, CoD 2+4 and Doom 3. Grid, Crysis and CoD4 have been tested for at least 2 hours each. The other games around 30 minutes each. So far I did not have any problems whatsoever. :thumbup:

4. WinMacLin

WinMacLin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't remember exactly but they were quite old. I think the ones that came with my cards, possibly.

5. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Hmm flawless here on 3 systems Vista 32/64 XP and no issues with anything.

6. urmysin

urmysin Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GT 1GB SLi
    :cry: Same here I can't get a good DL speed either. No hmmmmm.....wait a minute I have dial-up internet so that's my problem. LOL! :infinity:

7. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC
    This driver seems to run fine with Age of Conan. Just like the previous 177.89. Don't know about how it performance with other games since I only play AoC.

8. HarryRag

HarryRag Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
    Dito here, cod4 runs as smooth as jellybutter can shuffle it's hips :)
    It does run very nice, also no crashed after hitting the Quit button, some drivers seemed to do that for my rig.

9. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Test machines with images that I can replace in under 2mins and a reboot... nothing to worry about.

However these drivers are flawed..each comp which was different showed a issue using cards that varied from a 6600 to a 8600.

10. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I have no real problems with the drivers as I have posted before but aa DOES NOT work in the driver cp. I have no idea why but it just doesn't. I use to use 175.16 and they were fine. When I set the aa in the driver cp then run a game (CoD4,Madden 08) nothing happens. Still see jagged lines and my frames stay the same. With my system they should drop but they don't. That's how I know aa does not work. These are betas so maybe they have issues. Only thing I could do is reinstall but I am not worried about aa that much since I'd rather have the frames than the eye candy which I don't even see when running around in a first person shooter. I am thinking of killing not thinking of how cool a building looks.

11. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    LMFAO :wanker::wanker::wanker:

12. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    177.92,started out as ok but the more i played hellgate london it started to crash first it locked up then crash i have np with.my other games i guess hellgate don't like them back to the 89's

13. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    when u get that 8500 send me a link where u got it from i here they make a 8600GT in pci to

14. nexgenasian

nexgenasian New Member

GPU:
    8800 gt
    Whats up with 174+

Been waiting for a fix on this for a while, now its the 177.92 and nvidia still doesn't have this going.

I have 8800 gt in my 16x slot, and 8600 gt in the 4x (i have a ep35-ds3p mobo) and when i use the performance->adjust gpu, it only adjust the 8600 gt. weird thing below it has the fan speeds and it has which gpu u want to adjust, whats up with that?:3eyes: I can't get my 8800gt to change gpu speed even if i set it as primary vid card or not.

anyone got suggestions? riva tuner use to do magic for me but no updates on that yet to support this new driver.

also my 8600gt is outputing to my left monitor, and my 8800gt to my right, a bigger nicer monitor. strange thing with nview desktop u can't have two different wall papers in this configuration as long as my 8800 gt is the primary card, the left monitor has a blank background. of course if i flip the setup(change the 8600 gt to be the right monitor etc.) or change primary monitors it works, bugos 2!

HELP:bang:

15. Chimplit

Chimplit New Member

GPU:
    8800gtx 768mb
    I have been getting artifacts will all of the 177.XX not overclocked and even under clock, any ideas how to fix it? I would love to use these drivers because I get a lot more fps compared to the 175.XX. I know for a fact it is the drivers and not my hardware as artifacts do not arise on any other drivers.

8800gtx

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008

16. Quad4Life

Quad4Life Member

GPU:
    gtx570 1.075v 870/2040
    try whql's and if your still getting artifacts, if you have warranty, call ur manufacturer

17. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    this driver is noticeably better then the 177.89 , tested gtr2, dirt, far cry, cod4, crysis, gears of war, all seem to look better and run smoother...these drivers are keepers!!

18. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    Downloaded a couple days ago and everything is running smoothly!

19. weebeast

weebeast Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 9800GX2
    FPS boost in cod 4:)

125 FPS stable:banana:

9800GX2

1680-1050 resolution everything high(no AA)

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    don't enable SLi in the CP and your second card will be used for Physx. it will even allow you too choose which one.