Fun games for a grandma to play :)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SentinelAeon, Aug 2, 2016.

1. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 HD
    Heya, i am teaching my grandma how to use a computer, we are starting with using a mouse and as you can imagine, first time holding a computer mouse at 85 is no easy task. I am trying to find a simple online shooting game where you stand still and have to hit a set of stationary targets (yep, nothing moving yet) to win, this way she can practice moving a mouse and left clicking. If that target happens to be something funny, like a chicken, even better, we will have a great laugh (like we did the last time she was drawing in mspaint :)) ). I checked many such games online but sadly all of them are fast moving targets and that just wont do, she barely hits an icon on desktop as it is. I found some exercises for seniors but they are so dull, just terrible. I hope you can help with an advice, wish i had more time and i would make a simple game like that for her in unity, but sadly it is exam time :(

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Solitaires. All kind of.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  4. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX3090 X3

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Anything that works like Super Mario (platform jump & run games or something).

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    DOOM. :p

But yea like the above posters said women in general gravitate towards games we hate. Candy crush, solitare games, HOGs, etc. Some of the popcap games they might get into zuma etc. But definately start out with something like solitare windows even has a solitare built in.

Crime solitare was pretty decent goofy and got old after awhile but might be worth a look.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My mother loved Bejeweled.

8. wisitor

wisitor Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 713/1728/1000
    moorhuhn
    slowly flying chickens you need to shoot with a gun,its realy funn game. try and download older versions from like 10 years ago,those were most funn :)
    but its not online.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016