FSR Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Nov 6, 2021.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    I don't think so, the breakage of FSR 2.0 with disocclusion and transparency/changing scene doesn't care much about render resolution. It annoyed me with FSR Quality on a 31.5" 4k screen to a similar extent as it does on my 27" 1440p screen. It is always noisy and grass behind ground fog always clots.

2. TimmyP

TimmyP Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Its getting DLSS next month, so FSR2 shouldn't be that far off I wouldn't think. AMD said "days" if the game already has DLSS support, which this will have. I would imagine next patch (after July update) at the longest.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    That sounds about right then. There are a total of 19 games that will get FSR 2.0 support. Some are new titles. I believe that list will only get larger as times goes on.

4. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    I think some devs have reached the conclusion that FSR 1.0 performance even on Ultra Q is worth more than trying to solve every issue.

5. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  7. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    So it says there that fsr 2.0 supports dx12 and Vulkan...so how did GoW get fsr 2.0 support? They jerry-rigged it to support DX11?

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Interview zu FSR 2.0 - Englische Version (pcgameshardware.de)

illusiveman likes this.
  9. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Now you get it. Jerry rigged implementation. Jerry rigged results that was cheerleaded by a few fanboys. Which is why the DF review of it in GOW is so dubious (compounded with showing my results).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    illusiveman likes this.
  10. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    People need to relax imho. It's imperfect, and seeing this issues clearly allows them to be addressed. Same as when issues are found in DLSS and later implementations then try to address those issues.

11. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The problem was that he was caught in an interview about a week before publishing his review of FSR 2.0 versus dlss and God of war stating that he was informed that FSR 2.0 was not compatible with DirectX 11. Yet he still published his review with this information without some sort of disclaimer explaining this. In my opinion, something that should have been with the title of the review.

This sort of information completely discredits the review, IMO. Even though some will still believe what they saw that's not the point. The point is that we have irrefutable evidence telling us that he was aware that DirectX 11 did not work properly with FSR 2.0. Days prior to publishing the review. Yet he published the review anyway.

Makes me question his journalistic integrity. And it did not make it clear, noticeable, and plan to me, as the viewer, that this was the case. I had to find it in a prior interview. This is something that you put into the thumbnail or title of the review making it clear. That FSR 2.0 is not compatible with DirectX 11 games straight from amd.

@52:42

12. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    That is fair. And I've had that sorta problem with DF for awhile. Where they get a little too loose with disclosure in video. I guess I've just grown accustom to them being half-baked from that perspective and try not to use them as a sole source of info.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  13. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Well I guess game devs should listen to AMD fanboys and not making DX11 games anymore, or at least not making FSR2.0 look bad :D

14. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    DP

15. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Deathloop has all the same flaws, and it's DX12, so yeah....GOW is just more visible since it's third person

Anyways I would love to see AMD fanboys boycott game devs who screw up FSR2.0 and see where it goes LMAO

16. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    If you continue to watching the video he will also indicate that FSR 2.0 implemented in that gow was a custom implementation directly from the developer.

Therefore, all those who despise the use of it and nick picked the IQ of it have only the developer to blame. Something that I mentioned before.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/fsr-thread.440398/page-22#post-6024668
    :cool::p:D:eek::eek::eek:

The iq review is completely invalid. What I am really starting to see is that the developer screwed up IQ in FSR 2.0 when AMD competitor gpu is used in a DX11 game.
    LoL!

It looks to me, and this is just my opinion. DF was given information showing IQ inconsistencies by someone close to developing it. Knowing that it was a custom implementation not designed for DX11 games. Then claim AMD is at fault when reviewed (with a few supporting cheerleaders in this thread). Scandalous...

Wow!

17. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    That is going way out there, plus this implementation was done with AMD's assistance and blessing. It not being perfect, isn't awesome. But your going way to far man.

The reason he looked at the things he did, is because we have seen such issues with temporal solutions before. It does not make it invalid, these issues are present and anyone can fire up the game and see them (although some take some pixel peeping to really catch)

18. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Alex clearly stated around 52:53 mark that "they" (AMD) would not release DX11 code for FSR 2.0. Therefore this is a custom job the team at (i forget their name..)." It's jetpack Interactive. Which he is reminded of a few minutes later in the video.

19. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    Yeah and where do you think they got the code and knowledge to implement it? It wasn't open sourced yet.

So it was a custom job, sure. But it had to have been done on conjunction with AMD as it was the only way they could get the code at all. Is it perfect? No, but no one should expect it to be.

20. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The indication that it was before it was publicly announced. Think about it. Do you think they just finished it to announce it today? I am sure they had some version of FSR 2.0 to distribute. But it wouldn't be compatible with DX11 as Alex states. So, Jetpack made a custom mod to work with DX11.

So, the issues resulting from it are tied into the mod'd version they are using.