1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FrozenCPU

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Area 51, Jul 25, 2012.

1. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Master Guru

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    US postal tracking system sucks balls!! It will update only when delivered and seeing you are in Canada not sure if CPS relays back to USPS.

2. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    I got my FrozenCPU package today...ordered it Thursday via USPS Priority.. that is stellar fast service. I'll post some pic of my rig with the new cables... looks pretty nice.

Yours is certainly delayed because of customs.. give it a week or two and I bet you have both packages... to be expected with international sometimes.

3. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 580 /SLI
    Update

Well the second package moved !!:banana: Im feeling a bit more confident i may actually recieve 1 of them. I see Nils shop opens at 5:00AM so i may have to get some MDPC sleeving and heatshrink,You wanna talk hurry up and wait, from Germany it will be 2 months. Anyone ordered from him before? I hear its pricey but the best, and maybe a Hakko thermal wire stripper from All-Spec.Got a killer Hakko soldering iron already.Let the sleeving begin!!:infinity: Well in about a month or so really :bang:

4. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Update

Unbelievable the second package cleared customs and is in Canada Posts hands:infinity:,should be all good but who knows.Missed Nils so will try again as he opens i hear right on time and only for about 15 mins.Opens at Monday the 30th at 9am Pacific in Canada,so gotta buy sleeve quick and checkout quick or you have to wait again for him to open.silly:bang:

5. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Update

Replacement package is in Montreal, first one is still lost,not FrozenCPU's fault though its USPS that lost it!:nerd:

6. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Update

The lost package has arrived ,the replacement gets here tomorrow.Of course it shows up now,just figures doesnt it.Anyways its all here, nice Maxfinder cables They;re so nice i'd almost like to keep the second order too.So all is good not FrozenCPU's fault,they went above and beyond to help me and were very professional about the whole situation which was all caused by USPS and they;re lousy tracking. But all good now let this thread die.:wanker:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  7. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Update

So both orders have now arrived,so I sent the second one back with a window they had sent that was incorrect.They said because of shipping it was unrecoverable but since im sending the other order back I may as well ship the window back to them.Took a fairly large box so it was more expensive than just shipping back the order.Final cost to me for USPS screwup $88.Maybe FrozenCPU will take pity on me and give me a discount on my next order.:bang::infinity:

8. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Not

So i patiently waited for them to call and say they got the package i returned with the window they had mistakenly sent and to say they had refunded the money from the resent order,cost me($90) more for the other order and to ship them back they;re window .Finally i call,6 days after they said they would call,which by the way was over a month.Act like they dont know what im talking about,then ok we;ll refund the cash.No thanks for returning the window or we;ll give you a future discount,nothin. Not too impressed as of now,have a couple grand in orders waiting to order from them.What would you do?:bang::infinity:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'd be saying Hasta La-Vista.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  10. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Not

All orders now on hold,will minimize what i buy from them and use other suppliers where possible.A couple of the staff there could brush up on they;re phone manners as the conversations on a couple of occasions border on them being rude and unprofessional.Guy says ' " I dont see why your calling" Huh Well its not for my health dork wad ,maybe because you didnt follow up on my return or refund my money A-Hole its only been a month and a week I guess im just impatient:puke2: WTF clue in clowns its called customer service:stewpid::bang::infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity: NCIX is getting more watercooling stuff I see:wanker:

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I've nevered ordered from FrozenCPU....but after reading this thread, I probably won't order the few things I was considering.... Already not ordering from Amazon as I ordered a package with 2-day shipping a couple weeks ago that took 6 days to show up because the only shipping option that USPS offers now is 5-14 day shipping (according to USPS customer service).

12. demented brave

demented brave Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 EK
    the first order i made with frozencpu, they sent me the wrong size tubing. worked everything out though and i have ordered a lot of stuff since then.

13. 1Shakal

1Shakal Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 7970 RADEON HD
    in the past month i've ordered twice from them and 1st time everything was excellent, right now i'm waiting for the second order i placed few days ago. They shipped it out within 12 hours and suppose to be here soon. So far no problems with them.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I've never had an issue using FrozenCPU before. Although, all my orders through them have been small, like 3 pieces at a time. All my big orders go through performance-pcs or jab-tech. These 2 I can highly recommend.

15. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Not

Ya everything is fine till you have to deal with an issue.Then you talk to some rude person who needs an attitude adjustment,good shipping bad customer service:wanker::infinity:

16. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Update

So this arrived in my Inbox today

:bang:we ran across your review at ResellerRatings and wanted to reach out to you. We first and foremost don't want to you lose you as a customer. I think there had been some miscommunication because the whole thing was being handled by a number of different people with the initial contact being with me, the trace/claim with Lori, and then some communication with Mark down the road. The whole thing became convoluted and it wasn't until we spoke on the phone the other day that I was able to get the whole story and get you the refund right away. This isn't normal of our customer service. We take our ongoing customer relationships and online reputation very seriously and were wondering if there is anything we can do at all to keep you as a customer and possibly have you reconsider the 1/5 rating on resellerratings.com. Let me know.
    -
    Now I must say that this is unusual in todays business world as you dont see too many companies willing to admit when they;ve made a mistake, this goes a long way with me as I understand they must deal with alot of customers:wanker: and its easy to mix things up.I do want a good working relationship with my suppliers as I use NCIX-FrozenCPU and MDPC exclusively for all my builds and repairs.I currently live in a fairly small community but will be opening my own store soon in Victoria B.C. and expect to be very busy building alot of custom systems:pc1:.So I will continue to use FrozenCPU as they have resolved this to my satisfaction,Mark Friga Jr. must be a smart guy as he has done a great job with this company and its evolution over the years from what I see, Thanx Geoff for the phone call, look forward to working with you in the future.:infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity: I apologize for my unprofessional comments in Thread #30, I should know better:bang::infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Not too many people around here admit when they are wrong. Kudos to you my friend. :thumbup:

18. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Ncix

I have a couple of orders in to NCIX,its been a couple of days.One order has shipped but there is no tracking,usually these guys deliver within 2 days.The other order is sitting there and shows no payment processing? So I call and wait ... it says im # 7 just stay on hold....wait 10 mins and ok my turn, it says this extension is on the phone leave a message! WTF is that:bang: they could take a lesson from FrozenCPU,when you call them there is no waiting around and you talk to an actual human on the other end.NCIX didnt used to do that,not to good.:wanker:So i asked for a call back and at least it tells you how long it should take(44 mins),still lame compared to FrozenCPU:infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity:

19. Area 51

Area 51 Member Guru

GPU:
    Update

Well that is something, guy from NCIX calls back in 10 mins ,seems the payment which was for a client is on prepaid Visa,should have had $520 according to Canada Post where it was purchased,order was $505.Nice dude on the phone says "Lets drop the shipping charges and see if it clears-wadaya know it clears at $485.So wheres the rest? $35 gone it seems.Not to many companies just blow off $20 at the drop of a hat, I do use them alot and am a VIP but that was cool.:infinity::infinity::infinity:

My 65 Beaumont SD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012