From Kiev with love...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by millibyte, Jul 4, 2017.

1. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
  2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Had high hopes for White Gold after their first game (that I played) Boiling Point which was fairly decent (albeit with some fairly dodgy last minute casting of Arnold Vosloo in the lead role). Never got round to White Gold though it seemed like I was following it forever without it being released then only got a release in Eastern Europe so I gave up waiting.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, these are going on my wishlist. :)
    I was always interested in both, but the lack of a release here in the states made them difficult to get a hold of.

I love me some STEAM.

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    These are terrible games that many people want to have, just because they're terrible?

Is it a Bad Rats kind of thing? :p

5. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Nah they're both great but unpolished, if you're willing to put up with that they've got a lot to offer. White gold is basically an in-depth rpg version of far cry with stats, villages, npcs, sidequests, etc. and precursors is like the ultimate scifi rpg if it was made by a small crazy ambitious ukranian dev team on a small budget.

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Aren't both of the un-official patches included in steam?

at least with precursors?

"After the end of official support by Deep Shadows, remaining bugs and issues, like the missing voice overs in the localized English version, were fixed by the game community via unofficial patches which also form the base of and are included in the current English digital distribution versions of the game."

7. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Nice! I loved Boiling Point, even with all the bugs. The game had so many great ideas and some fantastic moments (the enemy felling trees in front and behind you to box you in) I'll be picking White Gold up for sure :D