1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fresh Ass Win2K Tip For Gamers

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Sweaty Neden Armageddon, May 23, 2001.

1. OK when most of you run Win2K you are probably logged in as an administrator. Well an administrative account uses a buttload of resources, so create a new "gamer" account and assign that account to the Power User group. A power user has more control than an average user, especially a gamer would need, but fewer administrative services load up in the background freeing up system resources for GAMES!!!!!!. In my situation I created a backup administrator account and simply changed the privelage level of my current account to power user. So far so good, I gained nearly 100 points in 3DMark2000, haven't run 2001 yet. But what the hell, its worth a try, so far I'm happy with the change.

2. WeaZel

WeaZel Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Sweaty Neden Armageddon:<br>
    <b>OK when most of you run Win2K you are probably logged in as an administrator. Well an administrative account uses a buttload of resources, so create a new "gamer" account and assign that account to the Power User group. A power user has more control than an average user, especially a gamer would need, but fewer administrative services load up in the background freeing up system resources for GAMES!!!!!!. In my situation I created a backup administrator account and simply changed the privelage level of my current account to power user. So far so good, I gained nearly 100 points in 3DMark2000, haven't run 2001 yet. But what the hell, its worth a try, so far I'm happy with the change.</b><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><br>
    i also noticed the computer boots up quicker with the Power user:game so does my internet connection. i got win2k advanced server.<br>