1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freesync + vsync to limit framerate

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by squalles, Sep 23, 2019.

1. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC OC
    how i can do best option to limit framerate in max refresh rate depending game? example, have games i play on 85hz like metro exodus (my card can´t render much more than this on him) and games like f1 2019 on 144hz, and others in 120hz (mainly port games like kof 14 and others running only at 60fps don´t works fine without a divisor by 60)

so best option looks vsync on without triple buffering? with triple buffering? freesync will reduces to hz below like same fps when fps goes down? or without triple buffering cuts to half ignoring freesync?

2. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
  3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Always use 144Hz and cap your FPS to whatever you want. For Metro, cap to 85, 90, 93 whatever the game can reach. It doesn't matter what the number is, you can use whatever you want.

It's important to use 144Hz (and in general, the maximum Hz of your monitor) so that LFC (low framerate compensation) can work. If you switch to 85Hz or 60Hz, freesync LFC might stop working and you might get stutter.

Don't use triple buffering with freesync. It's useless (freesync never needs it.) In general, when a game has a vsync setting, either use OFF to disable vsync, or use double-buffer vsync. Don't use triple buffer vsync.

4. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC OC
    So when i use 120hz the LFC dont works? I need set 120hz to bad ported games like kof 14, if i set 144hz on these games runs very bad