Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Synoxia, Jan 11, 2019.
"At least" ;-)
FRTC in early stage was breaking freesync. I tested this using 18.2.2 drivers... FRTC is much better now and it's the only way for me to achieve correct frame to refreshrate.
RTSS > FRTC for input lag, FRTC > RTSS for hz. I usually combine both but without expensive equipment i can't really test if FRTC delivers correct frametimes. RTSS alone for sure introduces stutter at low framerates.
- Do you have stutter with both options - RTSS+FreeSync with disabled V-Sync and RTSS+FreeSync+V-Sync enabled in-game (because V-Sync enabled in AMD Radeon Control Panel works maybe only with OpenGL, not DirectX and Vulkan)?
- Use exclusive full-screen, maybe.
- Disable F.lux program, EVGA Precision program if you use these.
- You can also try to disable some overlays (Xbox Windows 10 Game Bar, Uplay, Origin, Steam) maybe.
- Disable Power Monitoring in MSI Afterburner (it can cause stutter) if you use this.
- Try poweroff and poweron your monitor while your pc is running. If it will not works - toggle your input selector on the OSD to HDMI1 and back (or any other source for that matter).
- Maybe reduce refresh rate from 144 to 120Hz.
Uninstall drivers with DDU program and install new drivers (I'm not sure if you did it or not).
None of these work unfortunately.
Did you disable Radeon Overlay (it is enabled by default maybe)?
'Can you disable Radeon™ Overlay?
Yes, in you can disable it from within Radeon Overlay using the Settings button in the top right and selecting “Disable Radeon™ Overlay” or using the Radeon™ Settings control panel, under Preferences, and unchecking “Show Overlay”.'
https://www.reddit.com/r/radeon/comments/a66fnt/radeon_overlay_causing_large_stutters_ingame/ - about stutter with Radeon Overlay
You can also try close 'amdow.exe' process.
Did you disable in-game OSD in RivaTuner and close MSI Afterburner program?
Maybe you can try also to disable Windows 10 Full-screen Optimizations (right click on game's icon -> Properties...).
Do you have only one screen connected to your PC and only 1 device (PC) connected to your screen?
Do you have stutter only below FreeSync range (in LFC range) or also in FreeSync range?
There is possibility that some new drivers (like 19.6.3) can fix these problems.