Free to grab: Star Wars: Squadrons for Free on PC (EPIC)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    mbk1969 and southamptonfc like this.
  2. spine

spine Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp CE + EK WB
    Just grabbed it, then it opens origin and installs it there so I don't have to open the epic store app again to play it, neat!

3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Gosh darn it now epic installs malware too ???? :(

Neo Cyrus and KissSh0t like this.
  4. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I bought this ages ago in some sale, but just clicked it now to see if it could tell me how many hours I played... and it sent me to Origin and then asking me where I want to install it o_O

EDIT: I just noticed this garbage code somewhere between Origin and Epic has a bug and installs the entire game TWICE
    - once in \My Games\Epic Games\STAR WARS Squadrons and another in \My Games\Origin Games\STAR WARS Squadrons.

Each of 30GB size, so 60GB in total.

I found I could delete the Origin Games copy and it works perfectly fine and runs from the Epic Games folder (it runs from there even if Origin Games copy exists!!!).

Sloppy coding!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    Venix and Neo Cyrus like this.

5. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    This game if got from Epic store for free will install the game through Origin but once it's installed and you try run it with just Origin then it also boots up the Epic game launcher too. So you need both Epic and Origin running to play this game. If you try close one of them down the game itself will also close down.

I played for a few hours last night but i can't stand the flight controls and feel it takes way too long to turn 180 degrees. I tried messing with the mouse controls/speeds but i just can't seem to find a good balance. I haven't tried to use my controller yet so maybe that will feel better but i'm not sure.