Free to grab: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Silva and warlord like this.
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    By the 2020 I will have dozens of platforms on my PC, each trying to bait me.

Still better than Steam monopoly.

Neo Cyrus and WhiteLightning like this.
  3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

So much ignorance to call steam a monopoly.

warlord likes this.
  4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Steam has the best return and support policies. Steam has no exclusives like other stores. (microsoft, epic, bethesda, gog or...retail) Never heard in my life a steam exclusive title even for a little. Plus has the biggest hit from non legit key sites, everyone can find steam key for almost free and they have the biggest library. Imagine the size of illegal operations. What monopoly nonsense.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I see you have no idea neither about what a monopoly is, nor acts like. But be my guest, and keep parroting this nonsense.

warlord likes this.
  6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Everyone is jealous of the Lord GabeN. Life is what it is.

7. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    such steam, google, windows etc.
    people say anything, yet they keep using it ...
    it just love and hate relationship :)

8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Quick! Throw your bodies to defend Lord Gaben :D

I meant competition. Having Steam as the only platform probably gonna suck. But please, throw your bodies at me :D I am a bit lonely tonight :3

airbud7 likes this.
  9. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    According to Ars Technica's little experiment STEAM GTAV licensees are now forced to use this too. But rejoice: GTAIV still has the good old complimentary Xbox login...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    For a moment I thought I'll get it. Sorry, no extra login for me.

11. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Old game, not worth the hassle of having another program installed. Brings back memories though.

12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I'm sorry, but your post didn't convey you trying to be funny. This has nothing to do with fanboying Steam or Gaben. Calling something a monopoly when it isn't (and doesn't even act that way) is simply incorrect, and correcting it shouldn't equate to "defending" that something.

Aura89 likes this.
  13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
  14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    <3

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Depends on what your definition of exclusive is. All Valve games require Steam so there's a very little chance you'll ever see a Half-Life or Left 4 Dead game on another platform with the exception of consoles.

16. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Time to install the Rockstar launcher. Hard to pass up a free game. :D

Gamers want a monopoly when it comes to their launchers. That's the ugly truth (that nobody wants to admit). Even though they openly say they want free competition and choice, in reality they want all their games under one launcher and want to shut down any and all alternatives. It's a very disturbing trend that's unique to PC gamers.

This is one of the ugliest memes imaginable. If PC gamers turn to piracy because of the "inconvenience" of using another launcher then they don't deserve to play any games at all (games are a privilege, not a right). Console gamers would jump at the opportunity to play PC or rival console games if they only needed to install a free launcher, yet we act like it's the end of the world and a reason to commit crimes.

17. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Steam has way more "exclusive" games than any other store. Many of us non-fanboys are simply happy that this is quite much now over. Of course it would be best if all games were available on every store but it is the choice of the publisher to decide what to do.

18. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'll argue there's a difference between a game dev only putting their game on one platform and a game dev being contractually prohibited from putting a game on multiple platforms. There are games only on Steam but there's nothing stopping them, that I know of, from putting it on another store.

Overall I'm getting burnt out on launchers. Just take my money and give me the damn .exe.

airbud7 and carnivore like this.
  19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yes, they do have lots of "exclusives", but no exclusives (without quotes.)

Also, the Steam client can actually be used as just a purchase and download service. The launcher is purely optional, unless the developer of the game actually wants to tie the game to the launcher. There's plenty of DRM-free games on Steam. I'm not aware of any in other major stores (except for GOG.)

20. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Steam is like VW engine (10% more fail than other motorist from the segment) ... worse than any concurent but a majority of people like them because someone told them that is good.

I just have finish to try a steam game that have the steam DRM that don't want me to use it on Linux with Windows because it is not a real windows... at the end i get the GOG version and it work at 1st try...
    And if you talk about the mod on steam 99% are crap mod, if you talk about indi only few are on steam (and sometime it's not the best one)...
    The linux support on steam is horrible (do they have used a linux distro once in their life? (not talking about steam OS of course lol) )

I use if when i get redeem code, but sometime it's better to pay on another portal :)