Free to grab : 6 Free Batman Games from Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by SpajdrEX, Sep 19, 2019.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    very nice freebie, i've still not played a couple of these, thanks.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Bit of bribery from Epic, very nice.

I already have of the six games, but was actually looking for the first Lego Batman game a few days ago as my little boy is no into them.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah good for those who don't own any of the games. But why risk it though on a platform that's still in the Beta stages in some cases and alpha in others.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Devils advocate, but Epic has listed their overall plans for the store and adding features. Software development is not done in one day or cycle. It took years for platforms like Steam to get to the point where it's at today.

6. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    whats the risk in a free game?

schmidtbag and MegaFalloutFan like this.
  7. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Thanks OP!

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Nice! Thanks OP!

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Very true and that is very good.

No risk.

MegaFalloutFan likes this.
  10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    None whatsoever....

[​IMG]

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    EPIC BAD, STEAM GOOD.

XenthorX and MegaFalloutFan like this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm i now have batman collection on the pc which is great seeing i liked them on the ps3/ps4. though last I hear the last batman game on the pc was unmitigated disaster and pulled off pc stores bunch times and refund were issued, was the game actual fixed??

next set free game has me intrest too metro 2033 redux

insp1re2600 likes this.
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    haha Sarcasim appoved

Extraordinary likes this.
  14. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I will take your free games, but will never buy anything from Epic Games Store.

15. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Strange, EPIC store is the only platform (I have Steam, Uplay and Origin as well) where I have more free games than games I'd actually bought. I'd paid for Metro Exodus (including the two DLC's), World War Z and Sinking City, the other 15 games were freebies. I was thinking of getting Mutant Year Zero Road to Eden on Steam, but was hesitant, then it was offered free on Epic......guess my procrastinating about purchasing it on Steam worked out for the better.

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    From my understanding yes it got fixed. I also got the latest Batman game pretty cheap on Steam. Plus I owned the 1st 2 batman games on PC since the Games for Windows Live days where the saved games didn't want to work. Thank god once that bs went under the devs patched that crap out the game. I also enjoyed the Arkham Games on the PS3 as well.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The other devil's advocate: Steam was a near complete monopoly so they didn't give a single frack, to this day they still don't and are only discussing the possibility of giving one by 2025. Steam has virtually no customer support and is run by people who do such stupid things that it makes it seem like they're paid shills from the game publishers. With the money Epic are pissing away, trying to force or bribe people into using their shitty platform, they should have the 2 required functional brain cells to know that things such as a shopping cart are not optional.

I'll start buying games on Epic when they start taking their business seriously enough to offer features such as being able to buy more than 1 thing at a time... IF, big IF... they end up having real customer support as well, to actually put them ahead of Steam overall, in my books anyway.

It's still not possible to get a refund on Steam after you've played for X amount of minutes (which equates to launching the game only to discover it's infected by Denuvo so it takes 10 minutes to launch on an NVMe drive, and then crashes due to it), is it?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    rl66 likes this.
  18. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Whats the risk exactly for free games? :D

Epic Store has also been around for longer then most people know, it just didn't move very much in the early years, they only started pushing it not that long ago - when everyone assumed it also started existing, practically. :D

MegaFalloutFan and rl66 like this.
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't think it's really fair to say that. Steam was something brand new in it's infancy and had to evolve and adapt in the early years. But today it's pretty clear what the market wants and needs so EGS doesn't really have to reinvent the wheel again. Cloud saves for example should have been there from the beginning, as well as forums. I don't feel it's an excuse to say those features are lacking due to a fairly new app - the features themselves are the contrary of "new".

Personally I would release EGS with a full set of core features which the market expects today but also adding a couple of exclusive features (apart from the 12% cut, which doesn't affect the customer, and the free games).

AMOFA and Loobyluggs like this.
  20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes i think we all want more features. Yet none of us work for Epic or any other complany that has released a launcher.
    Every launcher to date has started with basic features and build up from there. It is not realistic to ask for more since that is the way it works apparently. Not really a launcher but even discord works like that.

In the meantime more ideas will be added, so expect us to be complaining it to be as bloated as steam is in a few years lol :D

AMOFA and Embra like this.