Free Ipod Ripping Software?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Duke Nil, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    So my 80GB ipod is literally full, i've got over 14k songs on it and 95% of it is either from friends or from CD's/hard drives i've lost in various moves over the last few years, so i've been trying to copy it to my current HDD, and have just spent a good portion of the morning trying to do it manually, and have been running into lots of problems, and even the songs that have transferred successfully (maybe 15GB or so) have jibberish names and are completely disorganised.

So im hoping maybe someone on this forum knows of some functional free software that could do this difficult job for me, i've done a little looking and tried a few software trials but none of them have been at all useful.

Help is appreciated, worst-comes-to-worst ill just have to spend $10 or whatever for a paid program (heaven forbid).

Thanks for the help

2. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    Just went through the very same situation with my brother. I wasn't able to find any free software, but did come up with this. It allowed me to pull the music from his ipod to his pc with the same names intact.

http://www.ephpod.com/download.shtml

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  4. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    So wait i don't quite get what it does - but it at least sorts music that i get onto my comp?

5. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Try Winamp with Ipod plugins.

No longer do you need to sync it to one PC only and it's simply far more efficient than iTunes.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Winamp does it, just plug your ipod in go to the portables section and hit sync - it will copy to your local library with all the names intact. But folder wise it wouldn't be too organized. I think it does album-->song and skips the arist.

To organize it, download this - http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/208686

Install it, go to winamp, options, preferences, under plugins, media library, you'll see media library organizer configure it and go to advanced settings "check here to use a base path" and select where you want to organize it. It will organize the files using the method under "organization rules".

After configured, to run it just hit library on the bottom left of winamp and organize media.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  7. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    alright ill do that, thanks

8. Azjo

Azjo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-TI Tw.Fr.2GB
    I suggest using mlipod, it can send all files to harddrive in a predefined manner.