frametime Q > gtx 1060

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by x58haze, Dec 10, 2017.

1. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Hello, I was wondering if i have a good frametime or is it bad?

I really feels like my games rendered or feels visually slow, even by locking the frame rates with Riva-Tuner-Statistics Server to 60 problem persist. I have tried this in OPEN GL Games and Direct games, and even with a properly 16.7ms (60fps) to 10.0 ms (100 fps), games still like kinda visually lag

So that's why I decide to take 3 screenshots of Cup-head steam version, while i was playing on Windowed+Riva-Stuner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yeah if you ask me, i'm having such difficult times beating this kind of Medusa :D!

I know i have been creating topics for a while about my situation, but... everyday i'm trying to find a solution

but well... you know pc world or pc enthusiasm love every day to diagnose things and get things properly set.

So i was wondering if i have good frame-time? thanks.

2. mikev190

mikev190 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP! Extreme
    What freq and voltage is your CPU? Also what speed ram?

I found with the wrong bios settings I get stutters and pacing issues with Ryzen

EDIT: Might be worth trying in Fullscreen mode too, might solve the issue

3. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB

Hello mikev190 i play on cpu stock frequencies +volt, same with the memory

All i do is to disable all C6 and C-states, plus AMD COOL& QUIET, and Core-performance boost to disable
    and HPET disable in bios.

The rest all is stock.

What are your bios settings Mikev190? what motherboard do you have?

PS: I played on full-screen too, but i had to play in windowed to measure and show the frametime.

4. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    @mikev190
    This is all on idle i just take pictures right now without using any external software such prime95 or firemark3d, just regular pictures on idle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mikev190

mikev190 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sounds good!

I have a Crosshair VI but I'm overclocked at the moment. However your ram is not running at it's optimal settings and I think if you tweak them it will be much smoother! I'm running mine at 3200Mhz CL14 1.365v

Check this link out http://www.overclock.net/t/1640919/ryzen-dram-calculator-overclocking-dram it helped me get my ram running great. Theres a video guide as well.

Hope this helps.

6. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Hey again, yeah i have tried to overclocked itself with the XMP 2.0 profile, also by tweaking a little be, does it necessary even for games that runs on properly framerate?

because this occurs also in old games.

7. mikev190

mikev190 Master Guru

GPU:
    Your ram on the screenshots show it's running at 2133mhz even though you have 3200mhz :)
    I found dx9 games seem stuttery myself. The ram changes might help, also try DSR on older games if you are playing at 1080p as it will make the GPU work more etc

8. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    I tried DSR in OGL games such cs 1.6 and it is unplayeable at that big resolutions, the only thing that work a little be even in DX10 or 11 was to set the game windowed+fullscreen, but even that......

Oh i guess i'm cursed, i though ram settings can changes the behavior of games.. and not the frecuencies i mean those weird options like CAD-BUS latencies, pro0c0dt etc,etc.