Framerate changing its cap mid-game?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Dograt500, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Dograt500

Dograt500 New Member

Graphics Card::
    Nivida GTX 1060 6GB VRAM
    Hello, I seem to be having some issues and haven't been able to find a solution so hopefully someone can give me a hand.

I Have been playing Runescape 3 in the desktop client using RTSS to limit the FPS to 60. I have noticed using the in game FPS counter that at random points the FPS will drop from 60 to 30 and stay there. it tends to happen if i teleport to another location in game(causing it to load for a few seconds) or if I switch to another program like a web browser. If I increase the FPS counter in RTSS while this is happening, Runescape's FPS will go up but only by half the value entered(e.g. i have 90 FPS entered in RTSS, only get max of 45 FPS in Runescape). if I close and reopen Runescape it goes back to whatever frame rate is in RTSS, but it happens very frequently. i have V-Sync disabled in RuneScape as well.

I have tried using both the global preset and one dedicated to Runescape.
    One factor maybe that runescape has two ".exe" files. One is called "rs2client.exe" and the other is "RuneScape.exe" i have tried using a preset for both of them individually and at the same time.

Im running RTSS 7.0.0 Beta 19 and Nivida Driver version 376.89.
    Any advice would be appreciated :)