Frame doubling interpolation for 1080p x264 mkv's for superfluid 48 fps

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by nzweers, Feb 15, 2009.

1. vlatko

vlatko Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870
    New ffdshow tryouts supports DXVA. Does this mean anything?

2. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    works beatifully indeed, apart from some artifacts in pretty much any format i played.
    but yeah took me a while to understand that of course this didn't work while i had DXVA enabled..

:grin:

3. widezu69

widezu69 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780m 4GB
    Newer script updates

For those of you with powerful enough CPUs add these to you plugin directory: http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/files/motion_25_dll_20051212.zip and then try this script:

SetMTMode(2,8)
    ffdShow_source()
    super=MSuper(pel=1, hpad=0, vpad=0, levels=4)
    backward_vec1=MAnalyse(super, isb=true, blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=3, plevel=2, levels=4)
    forward_vec1=MAnalyse(super, isb=false, blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=3, plevel=2, levels=4)
    MBlockFps(super, backward_vec1, forward_vec1, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*2, den=FramerateDenominator(last)*1, mode=0)
    distributor()
    fps=60 #last.framerate()*4
    last.CombineFPS(fps, last. MotionFPS(fps, warpfast, move), last.MotionFPS(fps, source = next, warpfast, move))

This script is for those of you with 60/120/240Hz monitors as it interpolates 60FPS for any source. However your video pixel width must be a multiple of 8. Try it out it is very smooth but very CPU taxing! All the 16's in the script can be reduced to 8 if you want to reduce more artifacts but sacrificing more CPU power.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  4. Av4t4r

Av4t4r New Member

GPU:
    (XFX) ATI 4650
    I can't get that one to work Widezu (the last one).
    It says "I don't know what 'pel' means (ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 3)".

And if I change "(pel=pel" to "(pel=1", it says

"I don't know what 'fps' means (ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 9)".....I just got lost with this one...

And yes, I have everything (avisynth, ffdshow, MPC-HC, mt07, mvtools2)...any ideas?

Thank you

5. Av4t4r

Av4t4r New Member

GPU:
    (XFX) ATI 4650
    anyone?

6. widezu69

widezu69 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780m 4GB
    Hi there, it has been edited now try it again. Make sure you download the linked file(s). It is needed for the second half of the script, ie "fps" onwards, to work.

7. Av4t4r

Av4t4r New Member

GPU:
    (XFX) ATI 4650
    thanx, but I tryied just like you put it (except for the line 8, where I put "fps", not "ps"), and it works really bad, I'm using this one
    and it has a really good qualitiy, but demans a little more of the CPU

8. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    how much of a CPU you need for this one? I like it best but damn even my Core i5 struggles (well not under CPU usage it's only in the 40s-50s but it definitely falls behind the audio and sometime freezes the video). Setting FPS from 60 to 48 helps a tad but still 1080p it has issues!!! Every other script it's a joke on my Core i5 it has no issues churning it out.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  9. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    go's out off sync after a while also gives me quite few other issues like freezing up.
    also woa this thread still alive :D

10. widezu69

widezu69 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780m 4GB
    For those with nVidia cards that wish to use cuda, there is a way (although it will cost you around 10 bucks):
    Install CoreAVC V2, and use it for h.264 decoding with cuda enabled. Turn off the ffdshow codec for h.264 in the codec tab and set raw video to all supported. Now in MPC, go to external filters and add ffdshow video decoder and use it as "prefer". This allows coreavc to input the video into ffdshow so ffdshow can still do its magic. If you don't do this then coreavc will bypass ffdshow and feed the data straight into MPC. If it all works, then coreavc will use your GPU for video decoding and ffdshow will use your CPU for video processing. This allows virtually all your CPU power for the script. You have to play around with the renderers in MPC as some give very laggy playback.
    A new script is here that should work well with serious minimal artifacts:

multinum=2
    multiden=1
    SetMTMode(X,X)
    ffdShow_source()
    super=MSuper(pel=1, hpad=4, vpad=4,rfilter=3,levels=0)
    backward_vec1=MAnalyse(super,chroma=false, isb=true, blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=0, plevel=2,levels=0,search = 5)
    forward_vec1=MAnalyse(super,chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=0, plevel=2,levels=0,search = 5)
    backward_re = MRecalculate(super,chroma=false, backward_vec1,blksize=8, blksizev=8, thSAD=200, searchparam=0,search = 5)
    forward_re = MRecalculate(super,chroma=false, forward_vec1,blksize=8, blksizev=8, thSAD=200, searchparam=0,search = 5)
    MBlockFps(super,backward_re, forward_re, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*multinum, den=FramerateDenominator(last)*multiden, mode=2)
    distributor()

*Replace (X,X) with whatever your CPU supports

If your feeling brave then download this: http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/...l_20051212.zip and add this to the end of the script:

fps=60 #last.framerate()*4
    last.CombineFPS(fps, last. MotionFPS(fps, warpfast, move), last.MotionFPS(fps, source = next, warpfast, move))

The combination of both these scripts creates a very nice 60fps film as well as offloading the decoding power to cuda should give the CPU plenty of power to"focus" on the script producing very nice motion.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Good stuff widezu69, cheers for that, can now do 720p at around 50% CPU usage, and can play 2:35:1 1080p at around 90% CPU usage, still a little articacting, but alot better than it was a few months back.

As for 1:78/1:85:1, total no go still, framerate seems to struggle to get to 4-5fps, nevermind 48, strange how a little extra res makes so much difference.

12. widezu69

widezu69 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780m 4GB
    Glad you like it, to free up some power, try this script:

SetMTMode(X,X)
    ffdShow_source()
    super=MSuper(pel=1, hpad=16, vpad=16, rfilter=3, levels=4)
    backward_vec1=MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=true, blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=0, plevel=2, levels=4)
    forward_vec1=MAnalyse(super,chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=0, plevel=2, levels=4)
    backward_re = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_vec1, blksize=8, blksizev=8, searchparam=0, search = 3)
    forward_re = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_vec1, blksize=8, blksizev=8, searchparam=0, search = 3)
    MBlockFps(super,backward_re, forward_re, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*2, den=FramerateDenominator(last)*1, mode=0)
    distributor()

See how that works.

(for those of you who don't know, check my previous post #150 for details on how to get this working with cuda)

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not much better with anything that hits 1080p, still only around 3.9fps, strange how simpley being 800p it can hit 48 though.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  14. travolter

travolter Member

GPU:
    GF7
    ... ... ...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  15. Punkster

Punkster Member

GPU:
    ASUS 780GTX 1267/7012 mhz

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010

16. Punkster

Punkster Member

GPU:
    ASUS 780GTX 1267/7012 mhz
    Is it posible to make this work streaming it to the PS3 with PS3 media server?

17. somebody2978

somebody2978 Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 650 Ti 2GB AMP!
    I have a problem with Media player Classic and FFDshow when playing lists of videos with this method, when I do this with this Script and activated Avisynth from FFDshow, the player gets locked when have to open the following video.
    Does somebody know as solve this problem?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  18. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o

haha trying this atm 75% load on my current system.

19. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
    widezu69, Is it possible to do this permanently on a video?

Maybe editing the script to open it in VirtualDub?

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Does this work now on Windows 7?