Fractal Design Define R6 Line Gets More Diverse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Fractal Design is expanding the Define R6 line with new USB C versions and a number of accessories including seamless tempered glass side panels and drive bracket dual packs, now available separately ...

Fractal Design Define R6 Line Gets More Diverse

2. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    WOW !!!
    Finally drive tray kits.

I was one of the many of their customer who suggested to their marketing to sell drive trays independently...
    ... and now they finally do. YAY!

FD, send a couple of them this way pls ;)

p.s. - Does anyone have any clue where to buy them?

3. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    This is my favorite case to date. I like that you can buy the Connect D1 kit and upgrade your front panel connectivity since obsolete front panel connectivity can be what drives you to go out and buy a new case. There are also many options with how you can set up this case to prioritize silence, airflow or some combination of the two.

I love this case, but a couple of things should be noted.

The downside of the Fractal Design R6 (the case):
    • Not enough SSD trays. They should include two more (four total) with the case. Fortunately, I now boot to an M.2 NVMe drive and was able to mount one of my three SSDs to one of the HDD trays. I would have liked to have mounted the SSD above the power supply, but you only get two SSD drive mounts with the case.

The downside of Fractal Design (the company):
    • The company is not very responsive to sales inquiries. If the receiving end of the money isn't jazzed up about receiving the money, what is support like!?? Fortunately, I have never had to contact any case manufacturer for a support issue. It took 7 days before I got an automated response from Fractal Design sales (which made it apparent no one read my original message) and another three to get a direct answer to my original question regarding whether they sell additional SSD drive trays. The answer: They don't.
    I set my R6 up with the optional "Open" (internal) and "Silent" configurations. The pictures are prior to my 1080 ti upgrade, but can give you a good idea of how clean a build can be in this case:
    Perpetuity
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note: Pics are pre-1080 Ti.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  4. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    It looks even more awesome with watercooling and RGB ;-)

[​IMG]

And as visible in this picture, I actually use ALL SIX drive bays.

And still have 4 SATA ports free on the motherboard, as I only have one single M.2 SSD.
    Could put 2 more HDD's in if they only sold those damn trays...

Still looking for a place to buy them... no luck on Amazon.
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn , help a fellow dutchie? :)