Foxconn Flaming Blade + GTX470 issue

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by evensis, Apr 20, 2010.

1. evensis

evensis Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 4G 'Gaming'
    Just managed to acquire a GTX470 today (upgraded from the 280), stuck it in my pc, got stuck at debug code 4E. Hit a quick CMOS reset, booted quite happily into windows.

The problem now seems to be the fact, that any time i want to get into the bios and change settings. It will fail to boot, same again for rebooting or having the computer switched off.

The only way it will boot is by hitting the cmos reset button. I've tried all sorts of concoctions, im on G19 of the bios upgraded from G09, but the issue persists.

I'm getting somewhat frustrated with this issue, the only thing i can think of is its a incompatibility issue. Quick google, i've noticed users of the Blood Rage having the exact same issue (Flaming blade is a dumbed down version of the Blood Rage). From what one of the guys have said, foxconn told him to stick with the GTX260 SLI he had previously been using. Pretty poor service if you ask me!

Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm at wits end here! :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  2. befr0d

befr0d New Member

GPU:
    FlamingBlade
    I am not sure if you solved this, but I have just been hit by this problem, FlamingBlade = GTX 470. According to what I have found there is a BIOS that fixes it, the G25 and G24 are supposed to, but I am holding to flash it trying to find an SPI Flash chip for backup replacement first, just in case the flashing fails. BIOS is listed here quantum-force.net/down.aspx?down=1

3. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    Uhm, i would suppose this was solved. He posted the problem over 7 months ago ;)