FOV/AA/16:10 fix for Spec Ops The Line

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hlhbk, Jul 2, 2012.

1. hlhbk

hlhbk Active Member

FYI there is a way to increase the FOV and make it so the game is full screen at 4x3 and 16x10 resolutions. Also at the link below it tells you how to get rid of the intro movies that take 30 seconds every time.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Spec_Ops:_The_Line

You can also enable FXAA if you have an nvidia card from the control panel and it makes a world of difference.

I have verified all of the above work prior to posting.

2. nofear4u

nofear4u Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB SLI
    Thanks....those letterbox black bars were annoying the crap outta me!!

Now if only we could get a way to remove the stutter before every new area loads during the game :/

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Shame 16:10 is badly support in some Games.

I prefer it over 16:9 any day.

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i'm probably one of the few guys who actually hate 16:10, i owned one monitor and couldn't wait to get rid of it, quality wise it was great and you do get more space, but it felt more like a failed hybrid of a square monitor than a proper widescreen, you end up noticing more of the height than the width, at least to me that's very annoying.

i always preferred the more rectangular 16:9, works 100% better with gamers (no black bars) and 90% better with movies mainly because the standard is 16:9, the remaining 10% of movies come in various aspect ratios such as 2.35:1 which will introduce black bars but that's ok.

FOV in games.. now that's another story, some developers restrict it to very conservative setting which is crap.

that's why programs like Flawless Widescreen can be very useful, i never heard of it before, so thank you.

i set SpecOps The Line to a FoV of 90, looks good. [​IMG]

it's better to use the FXAA or SMAA injector for 1 simple reason..

if you enable FXAA in the nvidia cp, your game will look good but you're going to see jaggies in your fraps screenshots as if FXAA wasn't enabled.

if you use the Injector, the screenshots won't have any jaggies (antialised) ;)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012