Found pricing for 7950 GX2

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by MTL, Jun 2, 2006.

1. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i dont think a gx2 would be an upgrade for you compunut, it wil perform about the same as your gt sli setup.

2. compunut

compunut Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7900GT SLI
    oh i see kwak
    i was thinking about getting one of them maybe in august when the prices may drop a bit
    but since they dont offer muchadvantage over my SLI :frown: then i guess i wil stick to my SLI
    thanx kwak

3. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    unless if you put 2 of them in quad sli, but if you read hilberts review, you will see that that is not recommended.

4. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P

5. MTL

MTL Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTO SLI
    Wow!! Great pricing on that one.

6. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
  7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    y would u order TWO? one i can understand, but TWO is just ridiculous, when only one game works with Quad SLI, and its buggy as hell. Wots even worse is that it defaults to one card, so games that dont support it run slower than a single GTX.
    U must be dying to waste money, or just a huge Nv fanboy to go quad SLI atm.

I would say however, im pretty impressed by the GX2 as a single solution though, more than i thought i would. However, its not for me. Coudnt get an effective cooling solution on it (by that i mean water) and GTX SLI/X1900 xfire is still faster in general.

8. //Josh

//Josh Member Guru

G80 round the corner? Isn't that next year? Still got a good 7 months or more, thought the G80 series was going to be based on DX10? (Next Year)

Also; eBuyer.com;

Point Of View 7950 GX2 512bit 1024MB PCI-E including Prince Of Persia 3 game
    £408.85 inc.VAT
    http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/111650

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    November ish last rumer i heard...

10. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    Im not dying to waste money but I am dying for new hardware to play with.

11. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
  12. MTL

MTL Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTO SLI
    Do you need an SLI board to run this card if you don't want the quad setup?

Nevermind....answered my own question.

13. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    'thought it was extended cuz vista got delayed again

and also that the dx10 standards are not yet finalized

14. wolf68k

wolf68k Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS 256MB AGP 400
  15. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I don't know about you but I think it would be foolish for anyone that already owns a X1900XT(X) or 7900GTX card to upgrade to this one. Sure, the performance would be increased but until games like UT2007 or Crysis are released, it would be a bit of a waste due to non-DX10 compliance and the fact that if you're getting darn good framerates now, anything else is pretty much wasted. I've got the money to buy this new card but I would prefer to wait until Vista and the G80's and R600's hit the market. Plus, I love the image quality of my card. Would you agree or disagree seeing as you are even more of a performance whore than I am? :)

16. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I agree here its crazy to upgrade to this card unless your still in 6series or ATI same, and even then I would think twice about it... they underclocked these things for cooling purposes which is a turn off for me.. IMO they should have released the things with water blocks built on them already for those with water systems and leave the clocks as high or higher than the 7900GTX and let them suckers eat.. otherwise no I'm not fooling with them... plus look they are CPU bottlenecked from hell even with the FX-62... in SLI you won't get nothing but problems right now also with only a new set of drivers Beta being released today to even make the suckers run... I see nothing but issues from this release including the "ghost" effect from nVidia like the 7800GTX 512's did when they came out.

17. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Yeah, I forgot to mention the CPU bottlenecking issue. I think I'll wait until the beginning of next year and just get a nice new Conroe with either a G80 SLI or R600 Crossfire setup. Crysis looks so darn good that I'll spend the money just to be able to enjoy that game in all it's glory(as long as I can talk the wife into it). :rolleyes: