Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. deets75

deets75 Guest

cool, added :D

thats two of us
    deets1975
    The Omega M4n

add yours folks so we can compete :)

2. deets75

deets75 Guest

is that the one where you have slower cars on the track but you only have 2/2 racers? if so, you need to overtake the faster car to win, the others are just there to slow you down and over take perfectly!

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've had the pad a few months now, but not used on anything new other than Fifa, but was surprised how much the feedback helps with gameplay.

4. Cygg

Cygg Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4 GB
    My Gamertag: Cyga000

5. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    My Gamertag: Binarystar2180

6. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I play Forza 6 on Xbox One regularly. I am excited to compare the two experiences!

Wooooooo..... not a great first impression.

No 16:10 support.
    More resolution vs. msaa hacks ala Quantum Break.
    3GB Vram and 8GB System RAM not enough to enable 1080p resolution.

So I'm stuck at 1680x1050, stretched even more than a regular non-native resolution due to no 16:10.

Of course there are new AMD drivers with improvements made for Forza6 Apex (maybe fury exclusive though?) but I'm not really convinced I need to bother updating to try this again - not when I have a clean 1080p@60fps sitting there waiting for me on the X1.

I had way higher hopes for this, but at least it has UI functionality/speed on it's side! On PC the menus work much more quickly (likely due to high freq. cpu clock vs 1.75GHz on an AMD APU).

Oh well.

EDIT: Restarting seems to have enabled a drop down box with 16:10 resolutions that was not present in its current form the first time I ran the game. Still can't go past 1650x1050 though.
    EDIT II: 1200p at last! But now I'm stuck with "Med" overall quality but 60fps appears to be no problem with everything else maxed by msaa at 2x.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    :banana:
    Thanks!

8. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Ah... Stupid me. Thanks

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not often a racing game holds my attention, but I'm finding myself playing race after race and not getting bored of this one

Really need a controller though lol

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    just in case anyone wants to see the graphics settings

[​IMG]

11. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    anybody else getting lots of stutter? if i restart the game it seems to fix it for half an hour or so

12. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Downloading now at 45Mbps and nearly done..

13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Holy ****, that's a long list.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I changed the tuning of the McLaren P1 drastically, just for kicks, moved every slider right to max or min, and that race only was a pure stutter-fest

The rest have been buttery smooth maxed out

Then my last race with the Atom, last lap the whole system froze, audio buzzing, image frozen for about 15 seconds, I was just about to reset the machine and it unfroze and continued the race, and was fine until the end

15. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    that happened to me too

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Weird bug

17. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    unfortunately vibration is not working on an xbox one controller. I was hoping for IMPULSE TRIGGER support as the xbox one :(

else everything is working fine on maximum settings

EDIT: vibration and IMPULSE TRIGGER actually do work, it was just my batteries were at critical level :D

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have just finished playing this game from 8pm to 11pm and completed all the Tour and the two Spotlight events. Had a real blast playing it, though to be fair it plays exactly like the Xbox One version using the Xbox One Elite controller, only this one has far less content. As a demo it is excellent value though. Well, it doesn't cost a single penny so value is perhaps the wrong word here but it is very generous in terms of content. It is also very polished considering this is a beta.

The game oddly defaulted to Ultra dynamic settings on my PC with a resolution of 5120x2880, probably because of DSR on my 2560x1440 display!!! The game surprisingly ran well at these settings until I got to the wet/night races when the framerate definitely took a hit (I couldn't what it was as I cannot monitor it in real-time) but it was still playable.

The game looks very good overall, given it was developed for the comparatively weak Xbox One hardware, but not really stunning outside of the pre and post race cinematics (which use higher quality models and effects, I believe) and the Forzavista, where you can really appreciate the detail on the car models. Scenery wise, things are less impressive with 2D sprites for crowds and trees that are static cardboard cutouts slotted together to give a 3D appearance, not something you admittedly notice while racing but once you see them then you cannot unsee them if you know what I mean. The lighting at night also looks... well... odd to me and not very natural looking (plus seems to be prone to some kind of visual glitch/flickering on my system). Rain looks great though but you never really get the kind of spray off cars in front of you that you'd expect in this kind of weather. Not a big deal though, at least you can see while you're driving! Yeah, I know I am really nit-picking what is an excellent racing game built around weak console hardware.

Overall, I really like this game (who wouldn't when it's free?) and I cannot wait for Forza Motorsport 7 and, first, Forza Horizon 3 on PC. In fact, now that we know these games are coming to PC then it raises the question of whether it is even worth keeping my Xbox One anymore. I only bought it for the exclusives and since most of them are now on PC (e.g. Killer Instinct, Quantum Break) then it makes the console less worthwhile, particularly as I also own a PS4, which is the better of the two systems for exclusives and multi-platform games anyway IMO.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was getting some stuttering but then I found the game was running at 5K due to me having DSR enabled! Surprisingly, the game ran pretty well considering and I actually noticed less stuttering than, say, a typical Milestone racing game!!!

I suspect VRAM might be the cause of the stuttering on your GTX 980, particularly as you say it comes back after 30 minutes.

20. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I'm amazed how well it runs and how good it looks on my aging system.

You can check the FPS rate with Dxtory btw! Getting no less than 60fps in races going up to 75fps (o/c'd my monitor a little while ago to 75hz so guess that's dynamic v-sync kicking in)

Only time it drops below 60fps is in the pits before/after the race. Will try adjusting settings by hand to either hit 75fps or best image quality with 60fps.