Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I would guess except for freesync and gsync everything else should work if added to the games. Since there are racing games in that store that support wheels. They shouldn't really test the waters with something free likes this since there would be market for real forza for sure.

For whatever reason turn10 and ms decided not to support wheels and mp this time for their free forza 6 version. I don't mind I have the os already anyways so I can just enjoy the game for what it is.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    What is the reason for no wheel support? it doesn't make sense because it is a car game and it's on pc.

*edit*

Found an explanation from a link given above by Tat3

"The issue is that Windows Store apps so far only support XInput, not DirectInput. As such, no steering wheel support since XInput doesn't support wheels, despite being the newer API. Why this is the case is anyone's guess but that's Microsoft for you."

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    XInput does support wheels at least on Xbox. So is it different on pc? I guess it's the wheels that need to have something specific so old g25 won't work for example.

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    My thoughts exactly. I've played every Forza game day one since the first one in 2005 and I've always wished for a no compromise PC version, yet we are only getting this small test version. A full DX12 PC version of FM6 with graphical options higher than the X1 is something I would be willing to pay ANOTHER $100+ for. I literally play FM6 on X1 6 days a week and it is my favorite thing in the gaming world.

I will still give Apex a try since it's free and I'm settled in to Windows 10, I just hate to see MS going with the "put one toe in the pool" attitude with this when they clearly already have most X1 exclusives running on PC in DX12.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I can almost guarantee that this game will be ruined by microtransactions in much the same way that Real Racing 3 was on mobile platforms, thanks to EA's interference and greed. Microsoft are no different.

Sure, we can at least try Apex for free and uninstall it if it doesn't meet our expectations but how frustrating would that be to have a game that we have been crying out for years for, only to have it spoilt by a business model that quite frankly sucks for anyone who isn't a casual gamer? I know I would be upset. It already annoys me to see great franchises marred or tarnished by the addition of microtransactions.

6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    From Eurogamers article.

The embargo has lifted on the event and it's been confirmed that Forza is coming to PC. Forza Motorsport 6: Apex will feature 12 themed events and 60 cars, and is not - in the words of Microsoft - a 'microtransaction-driven game'. IGN has more details, and also reports that all future Forza Motorsport games will be developed concurrently for PC and Xbox platforms.

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I heard there's no wheel support which is hilarious

8. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    No wheel support, initially. Turn 10 are working on adding support for popular PC wheels down the line.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    If the add microtransactions to this they did not learn from fm5 and to be honest they did because fm6 has none.

10. deets75

deets75 Guest

I got the feeling this was more like a tech demo as the core of the game was already coded in directx.

I am interested to see how it all goes, but looks good so far.

11. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Just microsoft and its world domination plans.

12. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Absolute joke.
    Only reason Ill have it is just to through it in the face of my console xbox moron friends that hug Forza like its the best racing game ever. But most of them are honda kids.

13. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    None of that stuff bothers me since I dont use any of it. Forza for PC? Free? I'm all in.

14. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    No problem here. I haven't used a wheel since Turbo on Colecovision.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    So how do they expect to recover the development costs of making this game then? In this world you never get anything for free, there has to be a catch somewhere. This game is either a glorified demo kind of like the PS4's DriveClub where you can try a limited version of the game for free and then upgrade to the full release by paying for it or Microsoft will charge for expansions.

I hope it's the latter if isn't going to be a standalone full priced game. I mean I have no objections to paying for upgrades to a game I like as long as I like it. What I do not like are microtransactions in any shape or form in major releases; they almost always devalue the experience IMO.

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
  17. realmadrid

realmadrid Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Free?

That must be a decoy, so they can later push all developers to the Store and lock it all :)

19. deets75

deets75 Guest

lets just deal with the setup as is, I have heard so much delusion and BS about MS recently that it melts by brain. the same crap you heard about GFWL, folk just love to go tribal. steam can do no wrong, MS can do no right.

lets play the games, enjoy them or dont, but lets base it on the reality. not some delusion based on the hivemind.

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    LOL, no

Given that GFWL is dead and buried and was universally hated when it was alive would go along way to suggest that a lot of that crap was more than justified?