Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It's no different than driving a 980Ti. I know there will be scenarios where I run out of CPU but when I do my core upgrade on my H2O rig the 2600k will be going in here and it runs 4.6Ghz on air no problem.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    any core i5 these days can handle most games well, the only difference in the i7 is the more threads, which only a couple of games use more than 4 threads, one of them is gta5, and even that game on my i5 4460 is handle it pretty well, with cores sitting at 50 to 70 % at max, most of the time in the 50% region btw all cores. game is smooth as butter, im quite surprised with how my i5 is handling all games, the new ones especially.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, it's mostly just anything open world and even then it's not huge, as unless i have an issue i run with HT disabled, and my CPU is getting on a bit as well now.

3D Mark is the biggest difference with it off.

This game runs well enabled or disabled, only running on one GPU though.

4. KillerSupra

KillerSupra Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB@1100
    For some reason my windows store is gone, i may have to format my pc to try this game..

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    That is strange. My store is still around, but Apex has refused to open since the Win 10 Anniversary update came through. Probably take a patch to fix it. This has given me time to get somewhat better at PCARS though.

You could try searching for a way to reset the windows store. I'm pretty sure it is out there and isn't too difficult.

6. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    in search box you can try wsreset an run that command an see if it helps

7. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Just an FYI for people playing this game. After the anniversary update the game had been stuttering like a madman. All tracks in the day were having a stutter or hitch every 4-5 seconds, rain tracks were barely playable stutterfests. Tried all settings at low, same thing. Tried changing affinity to fix the stupid core 1 and 4 loaded to 100% thing, just made the game run worse and made daytime unplayable. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it ran the same.

Went searching on the official forums and found a little post by BallaZ83 that suggested going in to task manager->details->forzamotorsportspex.exe->right click->change priority to low->go back to the game. I did that and it has been running like an absolute dream! I don't want to type it all out again, so I'll just shamefully copy my post from the official forums in the hopes that it will help someone that sees it here.

Wow. I am blown away. So I tried out all of the affinity and thread changing stuff first and then did a few races. It only made things worse, with even more frequent stuttering and lower frame rates. Set things back to normal and got back to 60FPS lock with a stutter or hitch every 4-5 seconds. Decided to go through task manager and change the priority of the game executable to "below normal" and do a few more races. Game ran the same. Rio in daylight was playable but full of stutters, Spa in the rain was an unplayable stutter fest and so on. Decided to change the priority of the game to the lowest setting possible (low I think it was) via the task manager details menu..................HOLY COW! The game runs like a dream now! Played a 6 lap race on Rio full with 16 cars and not a single stutter! Proceeded to play Brands, Spa and Yas with the same result. This is with maxed settings and 4k resolution. The only time I can get it to drop under 60FPS is on Spa in the rain and 8xMSAA, so I just turn it down to 4xMSAA and it is perfectly playable and looks the same in motion. Yes, the game still does the stupid 100% load on only 2 cores but it runs like silk in my case.

The last few laps of my Brands race in GT3 cars I actually forgot that I was playing on PC, something that hasn't happened since the release of FM6:Apex. Having a full race locked at 60FPS with zero stutters, just like the X1 can do, totally got me in the zone and put a big smile on my face even though I finished 6th! No matter the level of skepticism, I would at least give this ~10 second fix a try and see if it helps you out at all. CREDIT TO BallaZ83.

TL : DR - Open game, open task manager, go to details tab, right click on forzamotorsportapex.exe, change priority to low, go back to game.

If anybody relevant from T10 sees this, my system is as follows.
    ASUS Z97-A 2801 BIOS
    i7 4770k @4.4GHz w/Hyperthreading enabled
    EVGA 980Ti 6GB @1400/7800
    16GB G.Skill 2400MHz 10CAS DDR3
    Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    Xbox One controller

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Thanks for that, usually we would work think to increase it as well.

Will report this to MS, likely already done but the more who do it the better.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Are you sure it isn't just the Store icon that is gone from the taskbar? Try typing in Windows Store in the Cortana search box. If it's there and you open it then you can add the icon to the taskbar again.

10. deets75

deets75 Guest

btw if anyone wants to add their gamterag thingy so we can compare our times and such, go for it.

not that I have played this or any games much over the summer so far :(

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
  12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    So out of beta and the game STILL resets the video options every time it updates!!! On my system it sets it to 5K rendering with dynamic Ultra settings which is insane. I then have to set it back to 2560x1440, turn off Dynamic rendering and set each option individually. Every time the game is updated! It's infuriating. Really do not understand why the game cannot just retain the settings once and for all.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Any changes to the actual game itself now it's no longer in Beta?

14. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    My Logitech G27 wheel/pedal set works in Forza Apex. You should check Options, Input, Wheel settings if you have any problems.

15. stjuart

stjuart Master Guru

GPU:
    Xfx290x+Asus 290DC2 xfire
    wheel feels great, until you turn your wheel more than 220+ degrees,I have The G27 wheel, Anybody know where to change degrees, could not find in forza menu.

16. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Great update for me this one. Fixed all the crashes to white screen i was having with this game.

Whilst performance is still great 100-130fps at 4k and all maxed it seems to me to have a few stutters still..even with gsync enabled.

Has anyone had success with DXTORY in capping fps in the game ?
    Id love to cap it at say 100fps and see if that makes it appear smoother.
    Installed DXTORY but it wont recognise/hook into this game.

17. ai-man

ai-man Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080 Strix
    Any tips to reduce understeer with controller?

18. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I can´t take the dx7 like trees and vegetation.

19. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    You must have bad eyes, the trees and vegetation look great.

20. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Going from an R9-270X to my new RX 470 has enabled me to set textures to high because the VRAM is 4gb instead of 2 and the game now defaults to 60 fps on dynamic settings instead of 30. It's a huge improvement but my CPU starts getting really hot if the framerate is set to unlimited. FPS goes up over 120 sometimes and the CPU hits 65C which makes the fan ramp up to full speed (6800 RPM) and get unbearably loud. Limiting the framerate to 60 fixes the issue. The CPU stays at 56-58C with fan speed of 4600 which I can stand. I guess I should think about a better cooler since I have the stock AMD one. It is the larger one with heatpipes that was made for the 8300 series chips though.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016