Forza Motorsport 4 demo is up.

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Turdhat, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    GO get it. Really surprised at the level of detail in race and the rock steady 60fps. Game feels great (fanatec wheel gt2), looks very nice and runs like a champ. Engine sounds are fantastic and I doubt Forza 3 or GT5 will get touched when the final hits next week. No kinect head tracking in the demo however and no autovista.

I really wish this dev would make a pc game. They obviously have some insane talent and are masters at optimization. I could never imagined when I got the 360 that it would ever pump out visuals like this. This game on a 580 at 1080p though would be mind bending. Of course a pc version would be better but I doubt we will ever see one.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Thanks, will give it a go tonight!

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Is it for XBox Gold members only?

4. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Played it for about 30 mins, if your a Forza fan you will no doubt enjoy it, im a casualy Forza fan and i have the 3rd one so i wont be getting this one as i cant really see any diffrence in this and the last, certainly not £40 worth of a diffrence.

6. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    The demo scratches the surface. The top gear affiliation adds some humor and levity which is nice. You should really read on the new features if you like 3. I love 3 and I am foaming for 4. Some oddball stuff in there too that might be fun. Online car soccer and car bowling. Rivals mode is very cool as you get to play against online ghosts in a unique way. It looks to be quite feature full. I can tell you from owning a pro sim wheel that the force feedback is very good.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    the game feels bit different and looks way better then fm3 tbh. nice that they got more out of 360 :) and the sounds are amazing as ever

8. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060
    Wow really?

I'm on the opposite end of the scale. I was expecting the demo to lower my expectations of the final product but after playing it for a few hours i am completely blown away. The ONLY thing i could really nitpick about is the jaggies. Kind of expected for the hardware the game is running on, they feel far less pronounced than in F3 though. Oh right and it would be nice to turn the music off... It is a demo though.

Good points? It looks several times better than F3, the handling is an absolute blast, the sounds are better than before. Not to mention all the new online features/modes coming!

CANNOT WAIT TILL THE 13TH WHEN ITS RELEASED HERE!

9. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080
    Same here but i can clearly see and feel the difference in both car detail and handling.
    Anyway probably worth more than its worth... plus kinect support how cool is that.

10. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    what jaggies , didn't see anything worth mentioning and i'm paying on 52 sharp auqos full grid LED.. It looks amazing IMO

11. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060
    Mmm i can see a SOME in the car selection bit when your picking your paint colour and a fair bit more before the race starts when its showing your car during the countdown. I said i'm nitpicking though.

12. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Some neg points:
    - still no race atmosphere, only great engine sounds, but no audience sounds
    - handling mostly same as Forza3 (might be good actually)
    - no more Porsche
    - hardly any new tracks
    - kinect not allowed in MP races
    - kinect forces you to play with all driving aids

Reviews say its just an update for Forza3, should be named Forza3.5

13. Weiji

Weiji Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 6850 1gb 1680x1050
    I only played the demo for a bit. I thought the sound effects when you collide with another car were horrible. More excited to see what kind of design/decal options we'll get.

14. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    It is available for everyone now, the Gold Membership is no longer required to play the demo.

15. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    Best Buy has regular and Collector's Editon versions of the game but Micosoft's website doesn't have Collector's Editon version.

16. LemonHaze

LemonHaze Member

GPU:
    128MB NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti!
    Downloading now, cant wait :)

17. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Nice demo. I said the same when i tried the FM3 demo though, so go figure.

Only thing i really miss in FM3 is the voice of that TopGear guy. :)