Forza Horizon 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by haste, Jun 14, 2021.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 2060
    Well people at reddit are saying forza horizon 4 is a better game....is that right?

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 2060
    Is this driver version good for warzone aswell? Im on old 472 driver because i want warzone and forza 5 to perform the best on my system.. thanks

3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    No idea buddy, haven't played Warzone in a long time. Am currently on 511.79 and have had no issues with these drivers on Win 11. My Forza crashes have been sorted now too although that may have been due to a game patch that has come out since I made my original post.

ramthegamer likes this.
  4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3090 H2O
    I have this weird problem where my fps goes down to 52fps on areas with heavy vegetation or big flower fields and i cannot get 60fps only on those areas no matter what i have done to up the minimum fps , i play the game at 4k locked 60hz v.sync , game is maxed out to extreme. I used to get 47fps on those areas before ocing my whole system , and i had to overclock my gpu to 2205/1350Mhz ( Asus Strix rtx3090 fc h2o ) + overclock my 5800x to 4850Mhz and ram to 3900Mhz cas14 very tight to get to min. 52fps ( 47fps before ocing ).

I do not know why the fps tanks at those places and goes down to 52 , me thinks the rtx3090 should be capable of running this game maxed out 4k 60fps but is not possible. The game seems fine everywhere else and runs 4k 60fps except for those areas with large vegetation areas and big flower fields. It is gpu bound i believe , i don't want to set the details down from extreme as it looks awesome.

Let me know if you guys have experience this low fps on those areas and what settings helps you overcome that problem , thanks.

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    If you’re running high levels of MSAA at 4K then it’s probably enough to max out the 3090 in areas with lots of foliage.

chispy likes this.
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3090 H2O
    Found the culprit and the fix for it on the FH5 forum:

" It’s “Environment Texture Quality” "

I had environment texture quality to extreme , changed this setting to Ultra and no more dips of fps to 52 or stuttering in high vegetagion area or flower fields :) . Flawless 60fps v.sync 4k everywhere now. I'm happy and glad i got this issue solved.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t/simple-fix-for-micro-stuttering-in-fh5-pc/534752

fluidz and anxious_f0x like this.
  7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3090 H2O
    Huge update download today , lots of fixes and new features -

https://wccftech.com/forza-horizon-5-series-update-6-custom-matches/

https://support.forzamotorsport.net...20382402579-FH5-Release-Notes-March-30th-2022

Forza Horizon 5 drops a new update today, and it includes a number of updates for the game’s “Horizon Open” multiplayer. The main addition is Custom Racing, which allows you to set a long list of parameters before matching up with other racers online. Horizon Open is also getting its own progression system, with players earning badges by participating in challenges and online races. You can get more detail on Custom Racing and the new badge system, below.

Repo Man likes this.
  8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Good timing, just hopped back into this last night.

chispy likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    1. Fixed Crash that occurred in Livery Editor when Ray Tracing was on
    • PC: 3.444.438.0

chispy likes this.
  10. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Anyone noticing worse performamce with this patch despite the mention of performance improvements?

11. ValSidalv21

ValSidalv21 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 TUF OC
    Don't know about performance as in average fps, but I did notice some stutters here and there after the patch. Could be due to shaders recompiling, who knows, even though I thought it did that during loading. Didn't play long enough to see if it smooths it self out.

12. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    A couple places I noticed FPS drops were when there's a lot of dirt effects kicked up from tires (is bad for AMD cards with SAM enabled), when it was raining and at the main Festival Site just doing donuts in the area.

13. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    shaders should recompile when you first start the game up, when it says "optimising game".
    saying that though i always get stutters if i play online, offline is fine.

ValSidalv21 likes this.
  14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3090 H2O
    Running like a dream here ever since i turned down “Environment Texture Quality” " from extreme to ultra. No problems or stutters to report on this new update , i like this new update :) , happy !

GeRmAnOs likes this.
  15. ValSidalv21

ValSidalv21 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 TUF OC
    Yep, looks like those stutters during free roam are from the online component, switched to solo and and it's smooth like before the patch. But they definitely weren't there before for me.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 2060
    Guys is it right that on reddit they are sayig forza 4 is better than 5??, i think 5 is a really fgood game, u have the freedom to do whatever u want

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    FH3 & FH5 are the best ones IMhO :p then is FH4... (also a good game).

ramthegamer likes this.
  18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 2060
    the only thing that i found more fun is driving and drifting on NFS 2015, somehow it feels super rewarding drifting in that game

19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Theres no real right or wrong answer to this as a lot of it boils down to personal taste. I like both games but I found FH4 a much more memorable experience due to the variety of the map and also the changing seasons was great.

If on the other hand you prefer sunny beaches, jungles, some deserts and a whole lot of cactus trees then FH5 is the way forward.

20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super