Forza Horizon 4 is making a debut on Steam Next Month

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 9, 2021.

1. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    Most of the time it can be installed only on C: drive to work fine...
    Too bad that Steam version doesn't get you the XBox version for free like the M$ store version :(

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Not from what i've seen.

3. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    maybe on xbox, on pc it can limit fps to your refresh rate or a multiple of it, I wonder why cant all games have such a setting rather than vsync, hopefully we get dynamic res scaling later on

S2 street races are pretty much unplayable at 60, let alone 30, now that you made me think about it thats probably why most people seem to avoid it, even though this game looks unusually smooth at 30, animations/motion quality is really top notch, but those crazy stormy night races going 300kph on a downhill country road make even 120fps feel a bit inadequate

4. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Oh really? I install the XBox App, find the game, click install and that is all. It is cool that it will be on Steam because then, it may be playable on Linux.

5. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Member

GPU:
    Giga GTX 980Ti Xtreeeme
    Yeah as above, everyone thinks MS Store sucks, which on its own it does, but since they upgraded the Xbox app which is a proper game store and game management app, it's improved out of sight these days.

Edit: game store and management app for PC games, not (just) Xbox.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    That saves don't carry over makes no sense. Other MS Xbox games' cross saves work just fine with the Steam version.

7. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 3080 OC
    Exactly what I do! I buy new games 12-24 months after release at sensible prices...........FC5 not worth more than the £12 I paid for it although it does look real pretty with RT etc

8. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    Thats good news and maybees the like of CD keys will get some action here and we will be able to get the game @ a significant discount.

9. Locoyote

Locoyote Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    FC5 was great fun, haven't got an RTX card yet though. I want a 3080 but I guess by the time I get one FC6 will be out! Oh well.

10. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I believe this is a Play Anywhere title. If you have Game Pass Ultimate + Xbox and PC, then I would do that. Syncs your game so you can play maxed out on PC or chill on the couch for comfort.

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    I bet things work better. As for performance, UWP version in game while driving and racing is rather smooth. The issue is when modifying the cars, etc. It has to decrypt each file on the fly. Even with an SSD and fast cpu it hiccups. And it is really annoying.

It is unlocked. No FPS cap.

EspHack likes this.
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    FH3, FH4 and F7 are 3 of the forza games that are crossbuy and crossplay, and nothing beats being able to fire the game up on whatever platfom you fancy to continue playing were you left off, and it's a feature i am now becoming all too comfortable with to the point i am starting to get annoyed i can't do it with PS4 games, as i should be able to play GTS on the PC if i want, do you hear me Sony, get your finger out and get it done. lol

EspHack and NCC1701D like this.
  13. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Ah ok that makes sense. I am normally to lazy to boost up my monitor's refresh rate so of course I'd see 60.