Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Very weird bug isn't :/. yeah i remember those crashes on the early days on FH3 with the Mic turned on in game :D

2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    HELP! With some advice!

Seriously, bought an 1080 Ti, and wanted to test this game. Runs like crap, frametimes are a mess, and fps also a mess. WHY ?

Playing at 1080p at ultra settings. Why the fps drops so low and there is stutter also!

Some advice ? I mean like some tweaks to make the fps more stable ? Or what setting do i need to lower down to make the game more playable ?
    My cpu is 3770k at 4.5ghz its not that of a huge bottleneck for this game, but is something i know.

Advice ? Tweaks ?

3. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    The game is a very POOR PC port.. game is mostly single-threaded. If you check your CPU usage it's likely one CPU core is getting maxed out.

4. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc
    Turn off dynamic optimization maybe. Unlock fps. Disable V-sync.

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Some improvements if i disable hyperthreading ? Also if i disable core 0 from task manager, i get somewhat better frames.

Lol, cmon man, im not a noob !:)

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
  7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ok then! Nothing to do! Thanks!

8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Guys finally they have fix this game today with the latest Patch 1.0.64.2 version , it's a 3.41GB update of bug fixes , huge performance improvements along side a new expansion Hot Wheels. Unbelievable , massive performance increased all around +25 fps everywhere even in the Tram section now it does not loose fps anywhere even when raining and lots of cars.

Best part of all , It does not use one core at 100% anymore , now it uses all my 16 threads equally on my Ryzen 7 1700x cpu thanks to DirectX 12 optimizations:D , yep , now it is a multithreaded game and will use as many cores as you trow at it ! What a joy to play this game at 4k 60hz with everything at ultra except shadows ( medium ) and blur ( off ) 2aa + 4af i get average of 85 fps everywhere. Highly recommended to give it a try with this new patch !

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  9. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    That is great to hear!! I had shelved this as the races through the city had those fps issues and it was soo distracting if I was running at 60fps. If it dropped to 30fps it was smooth but yah 30fps sucks!

I'll need to give it a try tonight!

10. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Yeah, a massive patch. Also, better wheels support.

Patch Notes

11. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    finally fixed 100% usage CPU0 bug, stutter is gone :)

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    yeah it is a lot smoother now , hot wheels is fun too

13. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Sweet momma, can't wait to try this out tonight! Glad to see that they didn't abandon PC players with high spec computers, and that the game is now in the state it should have launched in. I waited to buy the game until it was half off since it performed sub par, but if this patch is really fixing the game I will support the devs and buy both expansions at full price.

This kind of "future is now" taking advantage of DX12 needs to be encouraged.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Between this and GoW4, MS are going with the better late than never solution.

Not complaining though, at this point in a game you expect nothing from a patch other than to add compatibility for more paid content.

Will definitely be looking at grabbing this now, even if it is still single GPU.

15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Running great here after the update, can finally enjoy the game :D

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    New Expansion Hot Wheels in Game footage !

This is what Bugbear wreckfest should it have been looong time ago lol

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Just played 2 hours doing races in the rain around the tram and in the forest. Locked 60FPS 99% of the time with a few tiny dips to 59 every once in a while. CPU usage is spread perfectly across all 8 threads! GPU usage can reach high 90's and the game still runs just fine. This is a hundred times better than at launch! If it had launched this way it would have sold more, gotten better reviews and had far fewer returns.

I'm able to play at all max settings with either 4k+2xMSAA or what I'm using right now 1620p+8xMSAA at max settings. I imagine my old 980Ti would finally have been able to do 1080p maxed out with a locked 60FPS after this patch. I wonder if the whole Hot Wheels DLC didn't run well enough before this game changing patch, therefore forcing them to finally fix the CPU issues.

Either way, I'm enjoying the game much more now and I look forward to Forza Motorsport 7 on PC @4k!

18. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I haven't noticed any differences with the patch except that maybe the graphics quality has been reduced. I'm not sure of that because I've only been in a few areas but my impression is that it looked better before. I never had any performance issues so it hasn't gotten any better there. I did notice that the starting in full screen bug has been fixed but that's it.

I will not be buying the ridiculous expansion though. What a bunch of garbage. Two expansions and they waste one completely. Forza has always excelled at providing beautiful and realistic environments and now they give us stupid plastic "tracks" with loops and ridiculously suspended "roadways". I was looking forward to seeing another part of Australia and this junk is unacceptable. I'm glad I didn't buy the expansion pack and bought Blizzard Mountain by itself. They say the expansion has a new barn find. Where do you find it? In a barn made out of Lego blocks? Massive failure by Microsoft and Turn 10.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  19. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    has the fps in the city improved?

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Does this update affect demo too?