Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Already updated.

I just want better wheel support on my G25.
    Not being able to get custom mapping to work so I can use my handbrake mod is a pisser.
    I have a real handbrake from a 98 mustang soldered to the 0 button on my g25.
    Very old setup. 3 years ago. Crappy seat, old desk setup. Not so pretty.
    [​IMG]

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    With that logic, then every game since any game or any OS got an update.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ive no idea what you're trying to say, but Ive never (outside of api requirements) had to update my OS in preparation for a game update. That is simply ridiculous, its what consoles make you do with some games.

Having to put the stability of your OS at risk just to play a game....:3eyes:

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Need a tissue, seriously.

Risking stability of OS. That's a new one. So by that statement, you have never installed any windows update every.
    Bet you were also pitching a fit about having to do an update for Win 10 so that UWP games had gsync,freesync and unlocked framerates.
    But sounds like your still on Win7. And think Win 10 is the devil.

Its a simple Windows update that addresses an issue with OS app store.
    Thats like crying about Google doing an app update to android and play store to fix an issue.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    "Risking stability of OS. That's a new one."
    Major updates can impact the OS. How many times have we had KBs that have corrupted or caused vulnerabilities in MS windows?

"But sounds like your still on Win7"
    Win8.1

"so that UWP games had gsync,freesync and unlocked framerates."
    Oh, you mean those features that were native since win7 and only Nvidia drivers needed to be updated to get support for Gsync, not windows itself via an MS update. Lol.

"Thats like crying about Google doing an app update to android and play store to fix an issue."
    Theres a big diff between a mobile OS and a PC platform thats be around since the 80s. I expect a certain standard from MS and the pc platform of which would be unfair to hold a mobile platform to.

DX12 has already proven it aint ****.. AMD got lucky and everyone passes it off as if they could see into the future or were somehow ahead of the game like it was planned all along.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  7. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    I imagine 50% of customers are willing to accept a lower quality of product than the other 50%.

As for forced OS updates for single games, "worrying" is the term that comes to mind.
    Sure, if it is simply a bug fix on the store app then I would accept that as ok.
    But if it requires past updates to be installed or changes anything else then the tin foil hat is going back on.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Although I am already updated to Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.222, I would imagine that there will a LOT of complaints come tomorrow when the patch is released and people, who haven't updated, find their PCs downloading the entire game. It would be bad enough if it was Steam but the Windows Store is like Steam circa 2004, only worst, in terms of download speed and reliability. I can only imagine the frustration.

It really does highlight to me though just how inadequate the Store is in its current form if it requires an operating system update to prevent a game from redownloading. Ludicrous really. Not everyone playing this game is going to have downloaded this update or will be aware of it. Let's hope that the Store will not download the game patch if the Windows update is not installed.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Exactly, which makes me wonder why this update isnt apart of the game download in the first place...like with GFWL, you had to update gfwl sometimes before you could get the actual game update.

This is simply gfwl but worse, but atleast you wouldnt be in the position of having to redownload a whole game and in this day in age of massive game sizes, this is simply unacceptable.

If this was steam, the outrage would be deafening.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was wondering about those myself. My only conclusion is that there must be a convenient jump nearby that allows the car to reach these elevated XP boards but I just haven't found the right ones yet. Or maybe there's a hidden flying car...? ;)

11. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    To get to the Boards (Smash them) which are between buildings, where a normal car can't get through, you need to use the 3 wheeled car which you unlock during your Career.
    Some certain boards on top of the buildings can either be reached by a real fast car but not on top Speed. For others you need a pickup car like a Ford Raptor to reach.
    There are some Hills which may not look like a jump possibility, but when look closely you can see that small "bump" on top of the hill, especially in the outback, near the refinery or the Airport in top of the broken airplane hull.

There is always a way, just be creative :)

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I had to get rid of my setup because every time the misses tried it she would automatically try and climb into the back seat. ;)

13. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Just ordered my Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 Amp! Extreme Edition for even more FH3 Fun :)

14. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/forza-horizon-3-first-patch-detailed-promises-to-fix-stuttering-releases-later-today/
    I hoped for HDR update :(, but there's no menitoning about HDR at all. Forza Horizon 3 on xbox one looks SO MUCH BETTER with HDR enabled.

15. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    Every board can be collected (I've done it), for example the billboard on the plane hull, there is a dune nearby that you can launch yourself from with a good run up and suitable vehicle to hit the board (the dune will become a danger sign at some point too, but the angle of the board wont really suit the sign launch), you don't have to get your whole vehicle into spaces to break the signs either, you just have to touch them.

16. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Dude you win.

When I built the new setup and new NFS came out, GF wouldnt give the pc back.

For 5 hours she drove the foxbody mustang around trying to do 180 spins and trying to drift.
    [​IMG]

On topic of Forza, Im enjoying the game.
    Yes it has some issues but for me not enough to complain about.

Frame rate does dip alot in city.
    But happy that my 290x can play this game as well as it can considering its 3 years old now!

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    In my case, none, and that includes every Windows version since '98 except for ME and 2000 which I never used.

18. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Happy to report no issues at 4k res dynamic turned off at 60 fps.

19. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Patch notes are up:

Source

20. deets75

deets75 Guest

anyone got it yet, was due out at 10am pst or 6pm UK.

if any 980ti users could let us know if its now playable, i would LOVE to rebuy this :(

I had hoped to get it cheaper via amazon US and the xbox code but the ££££ seems to have jumped off a cliff these last few months :D