Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Does it still drop down to 2D clocks if you set the power profile to 'Prefer Maximum Performance'?

Mine will drop back to the 1709Mhz clocks in menus but doesn't drop down to 2D clockspeeds. However this didn't fix the crazy lag on upgrade menus, ect...

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Yeah I've set it in the profile but it's still dropping, I'll try enabling it globally see if that works.

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    I hope so.

4. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I really like the game but man, does it take a long time to load. It takes a good 8 minutes from the time I launch the game to the point where everything is loaded and I can start playing. That's with hitting the necessary things to continue as soon as they show.

An interesting thing is that this game actually strains my system less than the latest World of Warcraft does. The CPU and GPU both run cooler and the D3D usage is lower with H3. Memory usage is much higher though. 8GB is not enough without at least a 5 or 6 GB page file. I got a couple of low memory crashes until I increased the size of my page file from 4GB to 5. I'm using Dynamic Medium quality settings with a framerate locked at 30.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016

5. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Downloading the game for the third time... Thankfully found a torrent with the appx file so I just just install via powershell.

I was only 6-9GB from finishing both times - of course this has happened when I'm on a slow connection this month.

On the bright side my RX480 arrived today so I'm going to get that installed now :D

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    That doesn't sound right. I have the game installed on a standard 7,200rpm hard drive and it loads to the menu in under a minute then less than that again to continue my game. The loading times in game are 15-20 seconds tops. Basically, they're fast enough that I don't feel the need to relocate to my 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD.

7. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    If his profile is right he doesn't meet the recommended requirement with only having 8GB ram. This game is a RAM hog, they recommend 12GB just to run on Medium!! It allocates about 6-7GB just for the game for me running on Ultra. I actually saw it hit 9GB usage after playing about 5 hours once, likely had most of the map loaded in ram. I bet if he checks him Ram usage it's hitting 99% and swapping everything to his page file.

Jumping up to 16GB should fix that issue.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Haha. For a moment I thought I was back in Win 98 days. Nice find!

9. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Definitely too much stuttering for me. Seems rather unpredictable too, okay I think I'll leave this game on hold until Playground Games release something ressembling a fix.

I'm under no delusion the stuttering will be 100% eliminated.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    dsog

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Well, that was a waste of time. "Sloppy" comes to mind. Now it'll be pirated for sure. Back to the drawing-board MS...

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    wont be long before the game is flooded with cheaters

13. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    What I want to see is if the game is cracked and piratable. Does the pirate version run better than the Uwp version.

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    This will be almost 100% certain.

And another sad reality.

15. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Like even with no more patches...I bet there's less/no stuttering at least.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not usually a fan of DRM being cracked, but at least this will at least confirm or deny the claim the DRM is killing performance before the "improved" version is rolled out.

It's good news for mods as well, it's what makes PC gaming interesting, though im biased since I'm an offline gamer, I would probably feel differently if I was multiplayer.

17. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    8GB is the stated minimum and should be fine. I don't care what the recommended requirement is because you can always play with less than that. You are right that it is a memory hog though. I was playing fine except for a couple of low memory crashes. My page file was set at 4GB and HWinfo said that 99.9% of my virtual memory had been used. I upped the page file to 5GB and no problems since. It didn't improve load times though. I even defragged the drive when I saw that the H3 files were highly fragmented. That hasn't helped much either. Now the total load time from first clicking the icon to being able to start playing is 7 minutes.

18. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2070
    any fix for FPS drops after going to menu screens? (Car parts ect.)
    when i get back to game fps is halfed...

19. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    No official fixes or patches yet. I have no real information regarding patches, just a decade of buying, playing and following all Turn10 games. Usually they wait until DLC day to release a big patch, which almost always ends up being the first Tuesday of the month. Hopefully October 4th brings a much needed patch with actual fixes to the main issues.

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    Said eff it and bought it, game has 21:9 and wheel support.

I think my 3930k will handle it just fine since its 12 threads @ 4.6ghz.

Game is on 550mb read 512GB Sandisk SSD. 290x with freesync 21:9 overclocked to 80hz. I think it will run just fine.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016